6

"Five years ago we lost. All of us. We lost friends. Family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes, no do overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."

" He's pretty good at that."

" Right!"

" Alright, you heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly Green."

" Trackers engaged."

" See ya in a minute."

The quantum tunnel activates. Everyone's helmets get suited on their heads.

BAM.

Everyone gets sucked into the tunnel.

Left, right.

Right, left.

Up, down.

Down, up.

They each take their mapped out path and exited at exactly the right...

time.

Bruce, Tony, Scott, Steve and Lauren all wind up back in New York in 2012.

During the alien invasion.

When the Avengers was first officially started.

Debris everywhere.

Screams both near and far.

Fire.

Ash.

Gunshots.

Yet another normal day in NYC.

"Alright, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low, keep an eye on the clock," Steve says.

2012 Hulk appears and starts jumping on a taxi, then jumps away.

Bruce eyes his head with his palm, clearly embarrassed.

" Maybe smash a few things along the way."

" I think it's gratuitous, but whatever," Bruce says as he rips off his shirt.

He tries to imitate the Hulk by groaning and gently smashing a car.

" Don't fuck up," Lauren says to the rest of them.

And she means it.

And they know.

" Y-Yes, ma'am," Scott blurts out.

" Really, man?" Tony asks.

The three idiots make their way to Stark Tower as Bruce and Lauren go down to Bleecker Street.

Bruce jumps down onto the roof and tries to open the door as Lauren floats above him invisibly. Before he does, someone stops him.

" I'd be careful going that way. We just had the floors waxed."

The Ancient One reveals themself.

" I'm looking for Doctor Strange," Bruce says.

" You're about... five years too early. Stephan Strange is currently performing surgery about 20 blocks that way. What do you want from him?"

" That, actually," He says as he points to the Eye of Agamoto on her neck.

" I'm afraid not."

" Sorry, but I wasn't asking."

Bruce steps forward and tries to grab the necklace, but the Ancient One pushes her palm against his chest and removes his astral body from his physical body.

" Let's start over, shall we?"

" Nice trick," Lauren says as she removes her invisibility spell and land on the roof, " But I'm willing to bet I can come up with something better."

"I was wondering when you were going to come down." The Ancient One says, " Hello, Mage."

" So you've heard of me."

" All sorcerers have. You're in our books... but you really are talked about a legend rather than a Russian orphan."

Her words make Lauren cross her arms.

" You know who I am, you know what I can do, do you know why I am here?"

" I would assume the same reason Dr.Banner is?"

" I need that stone."

" Do you?"

" Excuse me?"

" Yes... we do. We need it," Bruce says.

" You do... but she doesn't. You don't want to take the stone, do you Lauren?" The Ancient One asks.

Lauren takes a breath. A deep breath. And answers truthfully.

" No."