26

Again.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Again.

And again.

The time loop continues.

The lies continue.

The deception continues.

Reality shifts.

And she continues to live within it.

She refuses to give up the time loop.

Her mind accepts it.

She believes its real.

She believes the lie.

She clings onto it.

Like it's all she has.

Because it is.

SNAP

The loop resets, and they're back in the 1950's. They continue on with their fake lives.

She opens the door to walk into the diner. Her eyes meet her husband's, and she smiles. She goes to sit down in the booth across from him, but when she looks at him again, she doesn't see her husband.

She sees the strange doctor.

She closes her eyes and shakes her head. She opens her eyes once more, and her husband returns to her gaze.

Reality begins to shift.

Shift out of her control.

She sees his face everywhere.

She hears his voice.

She feels his presence.

And she doesn't like it.

Before she can reset the loop once more, he appears.

" Mage."

Her eyes glow gold and she makes him disappear out of thin air, but he comes back.

She glares at the sorcerer and sighs.

" Get. Out," She sneers.

" Lauren... you need to listen to me."

Her eyes glow once more and a zipper appears over his mouth to close his lips. He removes it with ease and continues.

" Lauren... this isn't real. None of this is real. Steve is dead."

She hears his words, but she does not listen to them.

" Of course he is dead... that's why I'm bringing him back."

" Lauren... you can't bring him back... it's not real."

Her jaw clenches, but she sighs and lifts her head.

" It's real... it's real," She whispers to herself.

Stephen sighs as well. He raises his hands to form the golden eldritch magic. His hands go up towards the sky and pull a part the fabrics of the reality she created. The sky goes from blue to cracks of black and gold. Cracks that form a spider-web pattern.

She looks up at the sky and her eyes glow to repair it as if nothing had happened. She looks to the doctor with her head tilted to the side. Dark clouds roll in as thunder rumbles throughout the sky.

" This is my home... you are not welcome here."

Her words are followed by rumbles of thunder as a fire ball forms in her hand.