16

Lauren and Steve spent their time in the 50's together.

Everything they did, it was to make themselves happy.

No matter what, they did it together.

From going to the grocery store.

To getting gas.

To cooking.

Everything.

They wanted to cherish absolutely every moment.

They lived through the 50's in absolute bliss.

Their home began to feel more like a home.

Steve made it a priority every night to make dinner for him and his wife.

Lauren returned the favor by making them breakfast every morning.

For lunch, they would go out to a diner.

And share a milkshake.

Steve had gotten a job at a local library.

And Lauren spent her time teaching Russian at a college.

The 50's were not kind to all. A fact they both knew. Lauren had to work hard to prove herself, but she did just that. She proved that she was smart enough to be a teacher, and she proved that she was smart enough to teach Russian. She had to fight to get the same pay as her male co-workers, but she did just that.

In fact, she proved that she was so smart, that they even started paying her more than the men.

They both had gotten the normal lives they both had longed for, for such a long time.

One night, when Lauren came home from work, Steve had a surprise set up. He had candles scattered across the living room. The radio played quietly in the background, and a bottle of wine along with a bowl of beautiful pasta sat on the coffee table.

Lauren smiled as she walked to her husband. She kissed him on the lips, and they both sat down to enjoy their meal.

Once the pasta was finished, Steve poured his wife another glass of wine while she turns on the tv.

There they sat, on the floor of their living room, drinking wine and watching the Dick Van Dyke show.

Whenever someone said a joke, they laughed together.

Steve kissed the top of Lauren's head, then wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

His pressed his nose into her temple and inhaled her scent. His lips began to trail down to her neck where he left a few hickies. She turned her head and crashed their lips together. He brought her up onto his lap and rocked her hips back and forth as they kissed. She began to unbutton his shirt while he slipped her dress off her shoulders.Steve laid his wife down onto the fur rug of their living room and kissed down her body.

They didn't even make it to the bedroom.

All they wanted was each other in that moment.

And on that living room floor, they made love.

The only noises in the room were their moans, and the laugh track from the tv.

Eventually, they made their way to the bedroom... without clothes.

No matter what happened, every night before bed they always said 'I love you' to each other. They would climb into bed, share one final kiss, say 'I love you', then get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Every night. No matter what.

They were both completely, totally, and utterly in love. And they were happy... together.

 together