12

Thanos is back, only from a different time. The two Nebula's from two different times switched places. The Nebula from 2014 went back to 2023 with the Avengers to bring her father and his ship to the present time. He knows about their plans. He knows what happens to him in the future. He believes it's his destiny to collect the stones. The Avengers are the one thing that stand in between him and success.

The Avengers are scattered around the broken base.

Bruce tries his best to hold up a large rock so he doesn't get crushed. Rhodes quickly escapes his suit to help Rocket. Scott finds himself small once more and helps them escape the flood.

Clint gets knocked down to the lower level with the glove. He tries to find a way out, but hears something. He's not alone. He locks an arrow and fires it down the hallway. The light on the arrow shows a group of aliens rushing towards him.

Meanwhile, Thanos beams down from his ship. He steps foot onto the broken base and admires his surroundings. He's joined by his daughter, and tasks her with the mission of retrieving the stones. He plunges his sword into the earth. He takes off his helmet and rests it on the other blade. He takes a seat... and waits.

Thor gazes down at him from the high ground. He watches Thanos sit. He watches Thanos wait.

When the explosion hit, Lauren had created a forcefield bubble around her and Steve. She keeps her eyes closed and doesn't intend to open them. Steve gently lifts her chin up so she looks at him. Once looking into his eyes, she drops the forecefield.

They find Tony laying on his back with his eyes closed

They find Tony laying on his back with his eyes closed. Lauren gently nudges him with her foot to wake him up. Tony gasps, but gets back on his feet. The three manage to find Thor, who still watches over Thanos. They make their way to the edge to see the purple man.

" What's he been doing?" Tony asks.

" Absolutely nothing," Thor responds.

" Where are the stones?" Steve asks.

" Somewhere under all this," Tony responds.

Lauren can feel the presence of the stones, but it's faint. She feels them connected to someone familiar.

" Hawkeye," She says, " Thanos doesn't have them."

" So let's keep it that way," Steve says.

" You know it's a trap, right?" Thor asks.

" Yeah... I don't much care," Tony responds.

" Good. Just as long as we're all in agreement," Thor says as his eyes start to glow.

The sky begins to glow in color. Clouds roll in and lightning strikes as thunder rumbles. The lightning strikes Thor. His hair and beard now braided, his body in his Asgardian armor with Stormbreaker and Mjolner in his hands.