11

The Avengers worked day and night with the stones to create their own gauntlet. The science bros and the raccoon did most of the heavy lifting, or rather all of it. Afterall, they are the ones most qualified, and they did it. They created another gauntlet.

Now, they just need to test it out.

The Avengers all gather in the lab to admire the work. Steve hasn't left Lauren's side, and doesn't plan to anytime soon. They stand in the lab hand-in-hand and look at the gauntlet from afar.

" Alright, glove's ready," Rocket says as he examines it, " Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?"

All eyes except Thor, Clint and Steve land on Lauren. She looks around the room and shakes her head. They accept this. Nobody is willing to argue with arguably the most powerful being on this planet.

" I'll do it," Thor says as he walks up to the table.

" Excuse me?" Tony asks.

" It's okay," Thor says.

Tony, Scott and Steve hold out their hands to stop the God.

" We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet," Steve says.

" Oh, I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asks.

" We should at least discuss it," Scott says.

" Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back, " Thor says, " I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me."

On a deeper level, Thor needs a win. Just one. At least one. He'll take anything. He needs to feel like a hero again. He wants to be capable.

" Normally, you're right," Tony says as he steps in.

Thor tries to argue. He pleads. He begs Tony to let him do it. He begs to let him do something good. Something right. Tony knows that Thor is in no condition for this level of power. Thor tries to argue once more, this time using his God status, but it doesn't work. 

" It's gotta be me," Bruce speaks up, " You saw what those stones did to Thanos, they almost killed him. None of you could survive. The radiation's mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this."

With that being said, everybody prepares for the worst.

Steve grabs his shield and insist Lauren stand behind him. She listens. Scott suits up. Rhodes suits up. Thor pushes Rocket behind him. Tony suits up and creates a nanotech forcefield to protect him and Clint. FRIDAY activates the Barn Door Protocol, and the base goes into lockdown. Every door and every window gets shut at covered. Bruce looks down at the gloves and sighs. He slowly lifts his hand and slips it inside the glove. It expands and and shapes itself around Bruce's hand to fit him perfect. Once his hand if fully submerged in the glove, it activates. The power of the Infinity Stones flow through him and color his veins in the various colors. Bruce cries out in pain, but is still determined to snap. He lifts up his hand and fights through the pain. He lifts his two fingers together, and...

SNAP

Bruce collapses immediately, and everyone rushes to check on him. Tony goes to heal his wound as the base opens up once more. All the natural light comes flooding back. Scott goes to the window to look at the birds on the trees, he smiles. Clint hears a faint buzzing. He turns around and picks up his phone from the table, and on the other end is the woman he lost five years ago.

It worked... it really worked.

And they all realize this. For a moment... they all smile. Knowing they were able to regain what they lost... but of course, the good moments never last.

A large shadow cascades overhead and emits missiles to the base. The missiles completely destroy everything, and send everyone into different direction.

And if only someone had kept an eye on whom they thought was Nebula from their time.