𝟎𝟏𝟑. 𝐇𝐔𝐋𝐊 & 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐄

—

"COME ON, I FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY ON EATING HERE" Bruce says as they all stared at him Ophelia's mouth open wide, Riley pushed Ophelias bottom jaw up. Riley knew he was like this. She helped him. Anytime she wasn't at the tower experimenting on random things, she was helping Bruce.

"Try some of that. Have some eggs" Bruce said pushing them toward Scott and Ophelia.

"I'm confused" Scott said scratching his head.

"dido" Ophelia said turning her head.

"These are confusing times" Bruce says chuckling.

"Right, no, no. That's not what I meant" Scott said shaking his head.

"Nah, I get. I'm kidding. I know, it's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now" Bruce exclaimed with a smile.

"Yeah. What? How? Why" Ophelia said flinging her hands everywhere. Steve gave her look that had calm down or else written all over it but she obviously didn't and continued to fling her arms around.

"Five years ago, we got our asses beat. Except it was worse for me because I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost and then, we all lost" Bruce said his voice laced with guilt.

"No one blamed you, Bruce" Riley reassured with a small smile.

"Yeah we blame Quill" Ophelia muttered but not loud enough for everyone to hear except Riley heard what she said and smacked her in the arm.

"I did" Bruce said looking down.

"For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then, I looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in the gamma lab" Bruce continued looking between them all.

"Me and Riley put the brains and the brawn together and now look at me. Best of both worlds" Bruce said while some kids came up to Bruce asking for a picture.

"Excuse me, Mr. Hulk" the girl asked.

"Yes" Bruce answered.

"Can we get a photo" The youngest boy asked.

"100%, little person. Come one, step on up. Do you mind" Bruce asked Scott.

"Oh Yeah" Scott said taking the phone.

"Say 'green'. Did you get that" Bruce said posing with the kids while Nat, Steve, Riley, and Ophelia sat there with confused faces.

"That's a good one" Scott said handing the phone back to the kids.

"Do you want to grab one with me? I'm Ant-Man" Scott said as the kids stood there confused but also wanted to just leave. When they said no, Bruce was urging them like yea they do. Everyone else sat in the booth had amused faces. Ophelia and Riley were trying hard to laugh. That continued for a couple more minutes before Ophelia stood and urged the kids to go back to there parents.

"Bruce" Steve said seriously.

"Listen to your mom. She knows better" Bruce said to the kids as they walked away.

"About what we were saying" Steve continued.

"Right. The whole time travel do-over? Eh, guys, it's outside of my area of expertise" Bruce said his soft smile fading.

"Well, you pulled this off" Ophelia said taking a spoonful of eggs.

"I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible, too" Nat said her arms crossed.

MENA SPEAKS
notes will be on the next chapter!