𝟎𝟐𝟎. 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐓?

—

"I look like one of the hippies at my college" Lucas complained as the four got into an elevator. "You went to college?" Steve asked the boy who turned to him with disbelief. "No, I'm too smart to go to college. I teach at the college. I'm the youngest professor there but my class is only ever filled with girls." He said being completely clueless on the last part.

Lucas was a known Avenger plus what girls his age would call 'irresistible' but he didn't want any of those girls. He had Ophelia and that was all he needed. "I went to a college well more like Riley yelled at me to do my homework" Ophelia said with a smile. A lady walked into the elevator just as the doors were about to close.

"Good luck on your mission, Captain" Tony said to Steve dragging Lucas out with him. Lucas sent Ophelia a wave before the doors shut.

"You're new here?" The woman asked Steve as Ophelia turned to him awaiting answer. "Not exactly" He replied with a smile. "What about you, dear? You excited to be here with you dad?" The lady questioned again making Ophelia nod with a smile.

"Woah" Lucas exclaimed admiring all the machinery around him. He was very much geeking out to all of this. He stopped at one of the machines, looking up admiring the tech. When Lucas turned around he saw Howard talking with Tony making the boy's eyes widen.

Lucas looked around before running out of the lab. Ophelia had also gotten separated from Steve causing the two to run into each other. "Shit" Lucas exclaimed his hand over his heart. "Why aren't you with Tony?" Ophelia asked crossing her arms. "I could ask you the same thing." Lucas replied fixing his sunglasses.

Before the two could say anything else someone ran into them. "Excuse me." Peggy Carter said as their eyes widened. "Are you two supposed to be here?" She asked as the two were still speechless. "Hello? Alright. Come with me." She said as the two followed her grabbing at each other in not only panic but amazement.

"You're names?" She asked as they walked into a room not knowing Steve could see them though the window. "Valek . . . Salvatore." Lucas said slowly looking to Ophelia. "Athena . . . Evens" She let out as the two gripped each others hands. "Wait here while I go get someone to escort you two elsewhere" She said as they nodded.

The two let out a breath nether knew they were holding. "Oh my god" "I think I'm gonna die" They let out at the same time before Steve walked through the door of Peggy's office. He gave them a look before signaling for them to walk in and they obeyed.

"Was that your dad?" Lucas asked with a smile. Tony looked at the boy with a smile before they blasted away.

They landed 'all' safely. Lyiam and Kansas looked to Riley before turning to Ophelia and Lucas who were still dressed like hippies. None of them noticed Nat's disappearance until Clint fell to his knees.

"Where's Nat?" Lucas asked turning to Clint who looked up at them with tears in his eyes.

They all stood in silence as Ophelia had turned to Lucas knowing of his closeness with her. Nat was the one to help him and his sister out of Hydra before they could do any experimenting to them. Lucas just looked down not wanting to cry in front of everyone. There were only a handful of people that had ever seen him cry and he wasn't about to add to the list. Lyiam and Riley also looked down. Nat was like the Mother most of them never had.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked as he, Bruce, Steve, Lyiam, Clint, Ophelia, Lucas, Thor, and Riley all sat on the dock. "Yeah. Us" Steve said looking down. Thor started yelling about how we could bring her back.

All of the younger Avengers could hear his yelling from where they were. They were sitting father back towards the grass. All had different thoughts running through their head. Each had a special relationship with Nat.

Ophelia was on the run with Nat and even met her family and had helped destroy the red room.

Anytime Riley needed advice or help with anything, Nat was the first person she called.

Nat helped Lyiam learn the things of Earth and taught him about the dangers of Alcohol and explained that he can't go fighting everyone.

Nat was Lucas' mother figure and the only one he had, she was the one that told Lucas to go for it and ask Ophelia on their first date. She also helped him fix his relationship with his sister.

Even Kansas had a relationship with Nat, Kansas always called Nat for help with her crush on Riley.

They just sat in silence and for once let the adults figure it out.

authors note
no comment just sadness </3