35. Love, crime and... a unicorn?

Oh hello, I'm back after... what? a month? Sorry about that, I have been a bit tired and lacked motivation.

But ANYWAY, here's the new chapter about our amazing heroes and their amazing Pokemon. I hope you like it, let's start
-----------------------------------------------------------
"You were somewhere wandering alone again. Why?"

"It's none of your business."

"Tell me!"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I already said. It's none of your business."

"Lucario, I warn you..."

"Oh, really?"

"Tell me! Now!"

"No."

It had been two days since Ash, Serena, Gou, and Chloe had left Ballonlea for Circhester and Ash's sixth Gym battle. They had been walking all the time through the forest that Serena had found to be called Glimwood Tangle, and there they were now too.

They had just stopped in a small square and set up their tent on it. Gou and Chloe prepared lunch, with both Yampers, Scorbunny, and Skwovet begging for something to eat all the time. Serena, on the other hand, had gone to gather firewood for the campfire, with the help of Braixen and Greninja. And Ash... well, he had tried to do something useful, but had somehow ended up arguing with Lucario again.

The subject was familiar. It was again about what Lucario was doing alone in the woods. Namely, he always sneaked somewhere during the day, was away for many hours, until he returned tired and dirty. Ash, of course, didn't like that kind of mystery and of course wanted to know what Lucario was up to in the woods.

The only problem was that Lucario refused to tell it. He hadn't given the slightest hint of his stuff and Ash hadn't yet gotten to spy on them from him. In the end, these attempts almost always ended in disputes between the two, which, unlike in the ordinary, were completely silent. Namely, they were done with the help of Aura.

"It's weird to watch a quarrel that doesn't even make a sound," Chloe said as she watched Ash and Lucario fight wordlessly. She had just chopped carrots into a bowl and both Yampers were sitting next to the table, hoping something would drip from there. "Like watching an old silent movie"

"Yeah," said Gou, who carried a bowl of water while glancing at the begging Yampers. However, they didn't care about his gaze and continued staring at Chloe with their mouths open and a hoping look in their eyes. "But Ash should help us too. He hasn't really done anything at all."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he does something," said Serena, who just came out of the woods with Braixen and Greninja. They all had a lap full of firewood and Serena had just dumped her cargo to their campfire site. "And he can start by ending that useless quarrel"

She watched Ash and Lucario quarrel a little sourly until she shook her head and turned to Braixen. "Braixen, let's lit that campfire," she said to her Pokemon and Braixen nodded with a smile. "Braixen!" she said, and took her from her tail, and set it on fire.

"Great! And Greninja, could you and Pikachu go get some more firewood? I don't think these are enough," Serena said, turning to those two Pokemon and they nodded.

"Ninja!" "Pika chu!" they exclaimed with a salute, and having said that, went back into the woods.

Serena watched as those two Pokemon disappeared into the woods and then turned to look at Braixen. "Braixen, let's lit the campfire," she said and Braixen nodded with a smile.