13. Who will get Braixen's heart?

"Could you two stop that fight even for a moment!?" exclaimed Ash and looked annoyed at Lucario and Greninja.

Those two fell silent for a moment, glancing at Ash, and Ash had hope that even this time his words had some effect. But then Greninja and Lucario glanced at each other and started arguing with each other with their own Pokemon language.

“This is hopeless,” Ash said helplessly. "They've continued that since Postwick, and I don't even have an idea what they're arguing about."

Serena, who knew very well what it was all about, sighed deeply and Gou, who was also knowledgeable about things, said, "Ash, sometimes you're not only dense, but also blind."

They had now traveled three days from Postwick towards Motostoke and all that time Greninja and Lucario had fought, quarreled and behaved towards each other otherwise badly. The reason for this was simple: Braixen.

Every time Braixen was out of her Pokeball, Greninja and Lucario tried to get her attention. They fought over who should sit closer to Braixen, presented her their strength, and bragged about which one had done the bigger deeds.

When the Braixen didn't seem to get much excited about either, they started their usual war of words, which ended with Ash returning the fighters to their balls, from which they returned back out a minute later and continued where they had left off. This, as you might guess, had made the nerves of the expedition quite tense.

Right now, the war of words between Greninja and Lucario went like this: (Translated from Pokemon to make it easier to understand)

"You heard what the Master said, shut up, frog"

"What, I started this?! You are here tolerate shut up, dog. Besides, I'm a ninja, and not a frog!"

"Really? I think you have not even seen a ninja! Besides, I'm not a dog, I'm Aura Pokemon!"

"Are you sure? I could even bet that Pokedex would describe you as doggy, whatever that means. And using your Aura skills are so lousy that it's not even worth talking about!"

"What did you say? I don't know how to use Aura? Let's see, shall we? I can create a small blow from this right in your face, and I wouldn't have to look at your ugly face anymore."

"You wouldn't dare, your Master would be angry and wouldn't like you anymore. And what Braixen might say..."

"She'd think at least I defended my own honor. Unlike you! And my Master has no say in this fight!"

"Your honor? Since when did you have one? I am here one, whose honor to be defended, not that kind of wannabe Aura Pokémon!"

Lucario growled and formed a blue cane in his hand.

"I warn you, frog. One single wrong word or move and you will become Mandibuzz's food"

"Should I be afraid of you, dog? I have weapons too"

Greninja formed a few Water Shuriken with his hands and they both stared at each other angrily.

"ENOUGH! Enough! Both of you! You went too far!" exclaimed Ash angrily and walked between them.

"Master, don't interfere with this. This is the thing between me and that frog. The stronger wins, that way it would go by nature," Lucario said and growled at Greninja. Greninja tensed his hand ready to throw Shuriken to Lucario.

"Maybe, but you're not in the wild. Return!," Ash said, pointing both at their Pokeballs. Lucario and Greninja disappeared inside and Ash wondered, how long they would stay in them this time, maybe even two minutes.