7. Riolu

"Riolu?" Ash said in wonder and the blue, dog-like Pokemon stared at him. Its orange eyes met Ash's auburn ones and Ash wondered what Riolu might have thought. He knew he was one of the few people who could use Aura and Riolu was able to use Aura. So would he be able to communicate with Riolu using Aura?

Ash focused, closed his eyes, and tried to feel Aura. He did feel something, but it was very weak, and he didn't get a good grip on it. He opened his eyes in disappointment and at the same time Serena took out her Rotom Phone to use it on Riolu.

Before she could do anything about it, Riolu stood up and suddenly it started running towards the nearby woods. "Hey! Where are you going!?" Ash shouted at Riolu, but it had already disappeared into the woods.

Serena and Gou looked at Ash and Serena said, "Maybe we should go after it." "Yeah, maybe it would be worth it," Ash said, calling Pikachu on his shoulder and set off to run in the direction Riolu had just gone, with Serena and Gou following.

****

Riolu ran. While in the egg, it had feel Aura and, after hatching, it had thought that the boy who had stood in front of him would have had that same Aura. But no. It hadn't felt the same, and Riolu hadn't felt it either by the girl standing next to him or the other boy who had stood a little further away with Eevee. So Riolu had concluded that none of them had owned Aura and he had better be alone.

Riolu dodged the trees and wondered what he would do now. Maybe it would be worth looking for another Pokemon ally. Or maybe not anyway. He also usually had to travel with the allies and Riolu preferred to be alone. He was an independent Pokemon, although he had just hatched.

Suddenly two Ariadoses appeared in front of him. They hung from the tree in front of Riolu and they didn't look very friendly. Riolu thought he might have happened to their territory and angered them.

Ariadoses spat the web out of their mouth and Riolu had to dodge that it wouldn't have hit him. He, in turn, sent his own attack on Ariadoses and it hit them perfectly.

The Ariadoses faint to the ground and Riolu was amazed at his own strength. It left contentedly to continue running and left Ariados lying on the ground. He had made a plan; he would challenge every forest Pokemon, whether they wanted it or not.

****

Ash, Serena, and Gou arrived at the same place a moment later, and the Ariadoses, who had been estranged a moment ago, again noticed the intruders in their territory. They sent new web attacks against these different-looking intruders and hoped they could be at peace.

"Pikachu, dodge them!" Ash exclaimed as the attacks of Ariadoses came towards Pikachu. "Pika!" Pikachu exclaimed and jumped out of the way. "Eevee, use Swift!" Gou exclaimed and Eevee jumped in the air and sent his star-shaped move to the Ariadoses.

It hit the Ariadoses and they preferred to disappear before the intruders made any much stronger moves. They retreated back to their tree and Gou looked at Eevee with a smile.

"Good job," he said to Eevee, and it looked pleased with itself. "Eevoii!" it exclaimed and waved its tail.

Suddenly they heard a strange bang and Ash turned his head in that direction. "Riolu," he muttered, then pointed his hand to follow the others. "This way!" he exclaimed to others and pointed in a rough direction. "But Ash, how do you know where to go?" Serena asked as they headed in the direction indicated by Ash. "Aura guides," Ash said, then called Pikachu on his shoulder and Serena wondered what a weird thing Aura was.

****

Riolu was pleased with himself. It was.. not attacking, but still somehow attacking the Pokemon that got in its way and because they weren't used to fighting, Riolu's attacks had easily overthrown them.