12. Postwick

"So, Hop, how can you go here so well?" Ash asked, pointing with his hands to the forest around him. "This place is a full maze!"

"Uhm... I've.. been here quite a bit lately," Hop said a little evasively. "I've been looking for a Pokémon, which I and my best friend Victor saw here a few weeks ago. It was very special looking and I was interested, what it could be"

Then he grinned a little guilty looking. "There's only one little problem in that," he said, and Ash asked, "Oh. What?"

"The fact that I don't actually even have permission to come here," Hop said a little embarrassed. "And there's a simple reason for that; as you saw, the forest is dangerous," he sighed. "I just wish I could see again even a slight hint of that Pokemon "

"Oh, I see," said Ash and Lucario, who had quietly come beside Ash, said through Aura, "Master, could it be the same Pokemon whose Aura I felt?"

"Maybe," Ash said through Aura and stayed to think about it.

****
Behind Ash and Hop came Serena, Braixen, and Gou. Gou walked in his thoughts, scrolling to his Rotom, while Braixen and Serena walked side by side and Braixen blinked little by little Serena's wrist.

"Braix brai," it said worriedly to her trainer, and Serena, who was holding her wrist, said to her, "Don't worry, Braixen. We'll soon get out of this forest and then we can treat my wrist properly."

"Braixen," said Braixen and nodded in satisfaction. It didn't like its trainer being injured and it couldn't do anything about it. But once Serena had eased its worries a little, it could focus on other things.

Braixen found herself staring at Lucario's back as he walked directly in front of her. She could do nothing for herself, but moved her gaze down a little, blushing a little at the same time. Serena noticed the direction of her gaze and whispered, teasing her, "Is there good scenery?"

Braixen was startled and looked blushed at Serena. "Braix Braixen!" it exclaimed to its trainer embarrassed and Serena giggled.

"Don't worry, I like mine too," she said with a grin, meaning the sight that opened up in front of her, that is, the back of Ash.

Ash happened to hear it. "What do you like?" he asked in wonder and Gou also looked up at his Rotom. Also Pikachu, who was sitting on Ash's shoulder, Hop and Lucario turned their gaze to her and Serena blushed bright red.

"Nothing!" she hurried to say and Ash shrugged and turned his gaze back forward. Pikachu, Lucario, and Hop did the same, but Gou, guessing what Serena had been watching, grinned looking teasing.

"It is pretty trained," he whispered in the girl's ear teasingly, and Serena, who knew exactly what Gou meant by his sentence, blushed even redder.

"Shut up!" she hissed at him and Gou shrugged. "Whatever," he said, then turned his gaze back to his Rotom, leaving Serena to gather her thoughts in a blushed mess.

****
As they moved forward, the forest began to thin out and soon they were able to move to an even wider path. Gradually, the sun also began to show through the tops of the trees and it made them all in a slightly happier mood.

It didn't take long after they had gotten through the forest and a small village could be seen in front of them. Serena sighed in relief as she got out of the woods and they stood on the edge of the woods looking at the village below.

Hop stepped in front of them and spread his hands to show that he would introduce the village to them.

"Ta-da!" he exclaimed. "Welcome to Postwick, my hometown!" Then he waved his hand at them, referring them to follow and said, "Come on, I'll show you the way to the Pokemon Center!"