25. Rematch

"This is a four vs four rematch between Gym Leader Allister and challenger Ash! You know the rest of the rules, so get started!" exclaimed Marnie as the referee again and Ash grinned and threw one of his Pokeballs into the air, exclaiming, "Corviknight, it's your turn again!"

After returning from that strange cave, Ash had immediately headed back to the Gym and challenged Allister to a rematch. This time he was determined to win and now that all the uncertainty and anxiety had dissolved away, he felt everything was possible. And thanks for it belonged to a girl with a honey-blonde-hair.

When Ash and Serena had (finally) confess their feelings for each other, Ash had felt full of new strength. A mere glance at Serena was enough to boost his self-confidence to the usual high again and now the normal Ash Ketchum had returned and come to win.

Corviknight appeared in front of Ash, growling in his low voice and Ash grinned. Corviknight had managed to beat Allister's first Pokemon last time, so its victory should all make sense now as well. If Allister just chose Yamask.

To Ash's relief, Allister did so. He also threw one of his Pokeballs into the air and said quietly, "Yamask, time to battle." Soon a Pokemon carrying a strange picture had appeared in front of him, and Ash looked pleased.

"Time to start the battle," he muttered and then he exclaimed, "Corviknight, use Pluck!"

Corviknight growled and shot towards Yamask with a beak glistening brightly. However, Allister not only stood and waited for the outcome, but exclaimed, "Yamask, dodge it and use the Shadow Ball!"

Yamask dodged Corviknight's move by hovering upwards, and Corviknight, confused, tried to slow down when he noticed that Yamask had disappeared from in front of it. It succeeds, but then Allister said, "Now, Yamask," and Yamask sent a Shadow Ball toward Corviknight.

It hit its head and Corviknight staggered to the side. "Corviknight!" exclaimed Ash seeing it and Allister repeated, "Again, Yamask"

Yamask made the Shadow Ball again, but this time Ash didn't let it hit but exclaimed, "Corviknight, use the Steel Wing and hit the ball with your wings towards Yamask!"

"What.." said Allister, amazed to hear Ash's command, but Corviknight had already obeyed. It turned towards Yamask, its wings began to shine bright, and it waited for the Shadow Ball to be at a suitable distance.

It didn't have to wait long and when Yamask's Shadow Ball was close enough, Corviknight whipped it with its one wing so that the ball changed direction and flew towards Yamask.

"Dodge it!" Allister exclaimed, which was surprising, for they had not yet heard him shout once. But Yamask did not have time to dodge, but its own move hit it and caused it to fall to the ground.

"Yeah!" exclaimed Ash, raising his fist in the air and a rare grin was also visible at Corviknight's mouth. In the auditorium, Gou said, "Genious. It was a good move from Ash."

"That's right," Serena said, touching the rose quartz necklace Ash had just given. As she remembered the events that led to it, a smile rose to her mouth and she touched her lips with her fingers. It was still a little hard for her to believe that she and Ash had really kissed and thinking about it made her blush a little.

Gou noticed her blush immediately and a cunning grin rose to his mouth. He leaned a little closer to Serena and then whispered in her ear, "I guess you're thinking of something completely different than this match. And it's not hard to guess what. So.. tell me, is he a good kisser?.."

Serena turned to look at Gou and her cheeks were now deep red. Gou grinned at her mischievously and continued, "At least you seemed to like it very much. You were pretty cute, by the way..."