9. Watery battle in Hulbury Gym

"Arrokuda, I haven't seen a Pokemon like that before," Ash said, picking up his Rotom Phone and pointing it to Arrokuda.

"Arrokuda, Rush Pokemon and Water-type. If it's inside any movement around it, this Pokemon charges for it straightaway, leading with its sharply pointed jaw. It's very proud of that jaw"

After doing so, Ash put Rotom away and smiled. "Hopefully this will be a good battle," he said and Nessa nodded. "Let's hope so," she also said and then the battle could start properly.

"Rookidee, use Peck to Arrokuda!" Ash exclaimed and the little bird Pokemon rushed on the trip, the beak glistening brightly.

"Dodge it and use Aqua Jet!" Nessa, in turn, instructed Arrokuda, and it plunged into the voyage like a rocket covered in water, dodging the Rookidee's blow by plunging up and then plunging straight down, and struck the Rookidee directly on its back before this had time to do anything.

"Rooki!" Rookidee exclaimed as he hit the ground, but quickly got up and Ash shouted again, "Use Peck again!"

Rookidee made his move again and this time Arrokuda didn't have time to dodge, but Rookidee hit it and the water curtain around it disappeared and it hit the ground shouting "Kuda!"

Ash exclaimed happily, "Good, Rookidee!" and raised his fist resolutely. Sitting on the edge of the field, Pikachu also cheered, shouting, "Pika pikapi!" but Riolu, sitting next to Pikachu, instead said through Aura, "Patience, Master, the battle is not over yet, so save your cheering to the end."

"You're right," Ash also said, using Aura to help, then straightened his cap to a better position and smiled resolutely. "The battle may not have started properly yet, but I'm still going to focus on it to the fullest," he announced and Nessa put her hands on her hips and grinned.

"Nice to hear, because we're going to be fully involved too," she said, then held out her hand straight. "Arrokuda, use Bite!"

Arrokuda did as he was commanded and big, shining and sharp jaws appeared in front of it and Ash exclaimed, "Rookidee, dodge it!"

Rookidee dodged and Arrokuda could not use his Bite for it. "Rookidee, use Peck again!" Ash exclaimed and Rookidee plunged into the journey again.

"Dodge it!" Nessa shouted at Arrokuda, but Arrokuda was not fast enough. Rookidee got hit on it, but this time the blow seemed to be somehow different.

"Huh?" Ash said, confused and sitting in the auditorium, Gou exclaimed to him, "Ash, that wasn't Peck, but Pluck. Rookidee learned a new move!"

Ash realized the situation and looked proudly at Rookidee. "Great, Rookidee!" he exclaimed and Rookidee looked pleased with himself. "Now use Pluck again in Arrokuda!"

"Don't rush Ash!" Nessa exclaimed. "We still have something left. Arrokuda, Bite, again!"

Arrokuda made his move again and this time Rookidee didn't have time to dodge. "Rooki!" it exclaimed as it fell to the ground. "Now, Arrokuda, Bite again and then Aqua Jet!" Nessa shouted and looked confident.

Arrokuda made his move to Rookidee again, who tried to get up but fell to the ground again when the Arrokuda move struck again.

"Rookidee, can you continue?!" Ash shouted and Rookidee got up on a shaky leg and looked determined nonetheless.

But Arrokuda had not stopped yet. "Now, Arrokuda, Aqua Jet!" Nessa exclaimed and a curtain of water formed again around Arrokuda and it plunged towards Rookidee.

"Dodge it!" Ash exclaimed, but too late. Arrokuda hit Rookidee and Rookidee fell to the ground again, shouting "Dee!" This time familiar spirals appeared in its eyes and the referee shouted, "Rookidee is unable to battle, so the winner is Arrokuda!"