6. Dynamic Dynamax Debut

"Congratulations on your first Gym badge," Sonia said, smiling broadly from Ash's Rotom Phone screen. "But I didn't call you just because it, we have something for you here in the lab, could you deviate on your way to the next Gym to pick it up?"

"What is it?" Ash asked curiously and Gou and Serena on both sides of him nodded. Sonia smiled mysteriously. "You'll see then," she just said and ended the call.

The day after Ash's victorious Gym battle, they had packed their belongings to set off for Hulbury. Ash had just gotten all his stuff packed after Sonia had called them. Ash, of course, had immediately reported his first Gym badge and Sonia had congratulated him. Then she had told her real thing and after saying her last mysterious sentence, she had ended the call.

At Pokemon Center, the trio had, of course, been amazed, Ash the most. What did Sonia and Professor Magnolia have in the lab for him? And why couldn't it have been delivered to him directly?

They decided to deviate on their way to the lab, even though the trip brought extra miles on their journey. However, their curiosity was too great to miss the opportunity and so they set off.

Time Skip to Wedgehurst:

Ash, Serena, and Gou walked again along the streets of the city from which they had begun their journey a few days ago. Pikachu on Ash's shoulder follows people and Pokemon passing by with interest, and Ash himself wonders what "something" that Sonia said might be.

Gou has sunk into his Rotom Phone with Scorbunny lying on his head and Serena also walks in her thoughts next to Yamper. It's in a stubborn mood again and refuses to go to its Pokeball, so Serena has decided to let it go outside.

Serena herself was in an internal struggle. She walked beside Ash, while Gou was a little in front of them. Would she dare take Ash from the hand? What would he say if she took? Would he just shake it off, or would he let it be? On the other hand, Ash seemed to be so immersed in his own thoughts right now that he could barely even notice the whole thing.

Serena cursed herself for having to be so damn shy. Shy in Kalos. Shy here. Shy for the rest of her life. No, it would end now. What had she said at the airport then? That she would be an even more attractive and changed woman when they meet again? Well, it's time now. New journey, new Serena. And the new Serena would start by grabbing Ash by the hand now.

Serena had made her decision and was just grabbing Ash by the hand when Gou suddenly turned and said, "Guys, should we go eat... Serena, what are you doing?"

Gou looked at her questioningly. The attempt to take Serena's hand had been left halfway and her hand had remained close to Ash's hand in a strange, straightened position. Ash and Gou stared at her and Serena blushed deeply.

"Eh... As long as I'm stretching here.. my hand was a little numb, nothing more, I'm not trying to grab anyone's hand, nothing like that.. ehheh heh.." she laughed akwardly, but Gou didn't be bluff.

"Really? Looks like you're going to take As...", Gou began with a grin, but Serena looked at him sharply and he changed the subject. "Whatever. Are we going to eat at that nearby cafe?" he said, and Serena replied loudly, "Yeah it fits well," and set off to march toward the cafe, with Yamper beside her and a grinning Gou, as well as a very confused Ash, after her.

                             ****
After they had eaten, they headed straight for the lab. There they were greeted by a cheerfully smiling Sonia and her Yamper, who was sitting kindly next to his trainer. When Serena's Yamper noticed it, it started barking and Serena had to take it in her arms so he wouldn't have rushed towards Sonia's Yamper. Silly Pokemon, she thought and Yamper licked her cheek.