20. Love conquers all

A day has passed since our heroes cave adventure and they are on their way again to Stow-on-Side. The sky was still cloudy and gray, as it had been for a long time, and the trio was already beginning to long for sun and light, which Galar's weather apparently did not want to give them.

They have left the forest behind and now walk along a wide path bordered by less dense trees. And now they have delighted to notice the Pokemon Center along the path.

"Look! Pokemon Center!" Serena exclaimed and pointed to the building in front of them. "What if we stopped there for a while and spent the night there? We could heal our Pokemon at the same time."

"Pika!" said Pikachu cheerfully from Ash's shoulder and Gou nodded. "Yeah, and Nurse Joy could look at Dragonair's condition. It would do her good."

"So, what are we still waiting for?" Ash asked and pointed his hand to the others to follow him. "Come on, let's go!"

"Right!" Serena and Gou said in unison and then they all headed towards Pokemon Center.

                           ****
They reached the Pokemon Center and Serena glanced at the building. It was located right next to the path, (or actually it was already a road), and looked very ordinary Pokemon Center. Serena saw the battlefield in its backyard and the field was bordered by a forest where spruce and pine trees grew.

Ash opened the door and they stepped inside. From the inside, the center was very ordinary-looking, though quite quiet. There were sofas and small tables in the lobby, and one of the tables had a laptop, a professional-looking camera, and pens and a notepad. Perhaps their owner had gone to pick up something forgotten, Serena thought as she closed the door and thought that soon might start to rain. At least the clouds looked like that.

"Hello! How can I help?" Nurse Joy asked happily as the trio stepped inside better and the purple Pokemon standing next to her, which seemed to have some kind of horns on its head, said just as happily, "Dee!"

"Hi! Could you heal our Pokemon?" Ash asked without looking away from Nurse Joy's Pokemon. He had never seen a Pokemon like that and was curious to know what it was.

"Of course," Nurse Joy said, nodding to the unknown Pokemon next to her. It smiled happily and then headed for the back room. It soon returned, and now it had push carts with it.

Nurse Joy took out three Pokeball holders and said, "You can put your Pokeballs in these. And Pikachu can jump on the carts. Indeedee will then take them to the treatment room."

They nodded and put all their Pokeballs in their holders. Pikachu jumped from Ash's shoulder to the carts and then a purple Pokemon, called Indeedee, set out to push the carts toward the back room.

The trio looked curiously after it and Serena asked, "I'm sorry, but what did you say that Pokemon that helps you? I've never seen one like that."

"Oh, she's Indeedee," Nurse Joy said with a smile as the purple Pokemon returned next to her. "She will help me here at the Center and anyway"

"Indeedee, huh," Ash said, took out his Rotom and scanned Indeedee with it:

"Indeedee, Emotion Pokemon and Psychic and Normal-type. They diligently serve people and Pokémon so they can gather feelings of Gratitude. The females are particularly good at babysitting"

"Oh, that kind of Pokemon then," Ash muttered to himself and put his Rotom away. Nurse Joy smiled at them and then said, "Was there anything else?"

"Actually, yes," Serena said. "We need a room for the night. Are there any rooms available here?"

"Yes, there's plenty of rooms here," Nurse Joy replied, nodding and then handing Serena the key. "Here. The key to your room, you're welcome."