41. Hard as an ice

Merry Christmas for everyone, celebrate it or not! I hope you have a good Christmas and you enjoy it. We see next time in January :)

Previously:

Our heroes had an interesting conversation with Sonia and Ash found out where Lucario always disappeared alone. They also met Bonnie and Clemont after a long time, and had fun skating with them. Finally, they met a girl named Alida, whom Glaceon suspiciously disappeared after her skating show. However, they found traces that would lead them to Glaceon and now the rescue operation is ongoing.

---------------------------------------‐-‐-------------------

"Meowth, a little tip," Jessie gasped as the trio ran along a small snowy path. "The next time you're grabbing Pikachu, choose one that's yellow, not white. This one isn't even seen Pikachu."

She lifted the cage she held in her arms, where the white Glaceon stared at her angrily. Meowth, instead, glared at Jessie and said, "It would have been a little easier if someone hadn't come up with making that smoke so dense! I didn't even see my own tail!"

However, Jessie ignored Meowth's complaints, raising Glaceon closer to her face instead. "Well, this is a pretty decent catch too," she said, now in a slightly happier voice. "The boss is sure to be happy about this, too, and with a little training, you'll become a great Pokemon for Team Rocket, won't you?" She grinned viciously at Glaceon.

However, Glaceon disagreed. She showed it by blowing ice-cold air directly on Jessie's face. The air made Jessie's face covered in glistening frost, and she froze in her place. Glaceon's cage fell from her arms and rolled into a nearby snow pile.

"Aarghh!! It went into my eyes!" Jessie screamed and rubbed her eyes, trying to get the ice out of them. James and Meowth stopped confused after hearing Jessie's cry, and looked a little helpless at her attempts to remove the ice from her eyes and face.

"You little shit, I'm teaching you not to do that!" Jessie screamed, and brought out her Pokeball. Her eyes were red from rubbing them and it irritated her. "Arbok, use Poison Sting!" she exclaimed and threw the Pokeball into the air. A purple, large cobra-like Pokemon appeared in front of her and spat poison darts out of his mouth at Glaceon, who was crouching helplessly in a cage too small to her, preparing to receive the blow.

"Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!" was heard suddenly, and then big yellow lightning struck Arbok's poison arrows, completely destroying them. Team Rocket turned lightning fast to see who had caused it, and noticed anyone but the twerp standing with his support group in front of them. Thunderbolt, of course, had been fired by Pikachu, and Jessie's mouth curled into a vicious grin. Pikachu was still possible to grab anyway!

"Team Rocket! Should have guessed!" Ash shouted after seeing a familiar trio in front of him. Team Rocket looked at them with vicious giggles, and then began their familiar motto:

"Prepare for trouble, you should know that!

And make it double, because we're a question of what!

To protect the world from devastation!

To unite all people within our Nation!

To denounce the evils of truth and love!

To extend our reach to the stars above!

It's Jessie!

And James!

Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

Surrender now, or prepare to fight!