27. Til the last end

Note! This chapter is pretty contains some pretty sad moments, so keep that in mind. Thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"NO, YOU DON'T DO THAT!" Ash shouted when he saw Gyarados spit his Hyper Beam towards Gou and two Pokemon. He wasn’t going to allow it under any circumstances, and without thinking anything, he set off to run towards his friend and the danger where he was.

Gou watched in horror as his friend rushed straight into the danger of death and he tried to yell at Ash to stop. But he didn't have time to do anything, because next he saw Ash throwing himself in front of him directly in front of Gyarados' Hyper Beam.

And then he had to close his eyes, because everything turned blindingly white.

****

"Where is he going?" Serena muttered as she watched in confusion as Ash ran quietly towards the nearby forest. Next to her was Pikachu, who was just as confused when he saw his trainer running away without him, and said quietly, "Pikaa.."

"You're right, why wasn't he waiting for us?" Serena thought aloud and looked at Pikachu. It was weird that Ash disappeared somewhere without first telling Serena, and Serena didn't really like it. Even weirder was that he didn't take Pikachu with him. Why? Serena thought and watched, how Ash disappeared into the forest.

"Pika Pikachu?" asked Pikachu, turning to Serena and interrupting Serena's thoughts. She watched as Pikachu nodded in the direction of the forest and a determined smile spread to her mouth.

"Right," she said, glancing at the woods where Ash had just disappeared. Then she grabbed her bag from the tent floor, glanced at Pikachu, and said smirking, "Come on, Pikachu. Let's follow Ash and find out where he disappeared."

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said resolutely and raised his little fist in the air, just as Ash used to do. Serena smiled at it and then the duo set off to run towards the woods where Ash, and before him Gou, had also gone.

****

After Serena had traveled a short distance in the woods, she realized she had lost Ash's sight. "Where has he gone?" she muttered and glanced at Pikachu, who was walking beside her. This also tried to find Ash with his gaze, but did not seem to find his trainer.

"Pikachu, we seem to lost him," Serena told Pikachu and stopped at the same time. Pikachu also stopped and said a little sadly, "Pikaa.."

Serena sighed and sat down on a mossy rock. She realized that it was completely pointless for them to continue on their way forward, because then they would just get lost, and at least that wouldn’t help them.

"What do we do now?" she muttered and pressed her head to her hands. Pikachu scratched his head, also trying to think of something and at the same time blinked around, looking for something that could help them. Suddenly its eyes hit Serena's pink bag in her arms and then suddenly he came up with a solution.

"Pika pikachu!" he exclaimed and pointed to Serena's pink bag. Serena looked up when she heard Pikachu's exclamation and asked, "What now, Pikachu? I'm trying to figure out how we could find Ash"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said again and pushed Serena's bag. Serena looked at him a little stupidly until she suddenly realized what Pikachu meant.

"Of course!" she exclaimed and took her bag better. She opened it and pushed her hand inside the bag. "Yamper can help me track down Ash and... hey, these aren't my Pokeballs"

Serena looked at her bag and realized that it contained someone else's Pokeballs in addition to her Pokeballs. And for some reason, she knew who.

"Why are Ash's Pokeballs here?" she thought aloud and picked up one ball. She held it in front of her face and then looked at Pikachu. "Did you put them there?"