23. Spoookyy!

🕸Happy Halloween to everyone!🕸

This chapter is a bit like the Halloween Special, because as the title (yes, very creative and original kind) says, it's Spooookyyy!! (at least somehow)

But now, a new chapter, you're welcome :3

💀---💀---💀---💀---💀---💀---💀---💀---💀

"Well Ash, you were right. It's big," Gou said, staring in front of the towering building with his hands in a gust. "Just as big as the previous ones"

They had finally found their way to the Stow-on-Side Gym and were now looking at it in front of it. The Gym itself was very much reminiscent of previous Gyms, though it was perhaps a little smaller than the Motostoke Gym.

Serena looked at the Gym with her head tilted and said, "Do you feel the Gym is a little... spooky?" Somehow she didn't like the look of it and it made cold shivers run down her spine.

"I don't think so," Gou replied, turning to look at Ash, who had been strangely quiet for the past couple of hours. "I think it looks like the ordinary Galar Gym. Right, Ash?"

"What?" Ash said distractedly and Gou shook his head a little irritated. "What's bothering you? You've been strangely quiet for the last couple of hours. You don't seem like yourself."

"I'm fine," Ash said, turning slowly in the direction of Gou. "I was just in my thoughts, that's all"

That was true. When Ash had finally realized his own feelings for Serena a couple of hours ago, his mind hadn't let go of the thought for a moment. He was suddenly well aware of what Serena smelled (strawberries), how her eyes sparkled beautifully, and how she used to move the honey-blonde hair curl away from her face. These little things made Ash's heart pound hard on his chest and he kept thinking about how, where and when he could confess his feelings to Serena.

Gou stared at Ash and this grinned slightly. He had not known that there were thoughts that made Ash Ketchum so quiet. Then he sighed, giving up and said, "What if we just went inside?"

"Yeah, good idea," Ash said immediately and set off to march toward the main door of the Gym. "Ash, wait!" Serena exclaimed and also headed for Gym's door. Gou stood still for a moment, watching his two friends go and then went after them, shaking his head.

👻🎃🕷💀

They reached the door and Ash pulled the door open. They stepped in and to their surprise, there was almost complete darkness in front of them. Only the light flooding from the doorway illuminated the slightly dark interior and it occurred to them if the Gym was no longer even in use.

"Um... Hello?" Ash said a little hesitantly as they stepped a little further out the door and Pikachu's, sitting on his shoulder, cheeks sparkled a bit and the sparks shed a little light into the otherwise dark Gym. "Is anyone here?"

However, they were answered only by an unnatural feeling of silence and Ash really began to feel that the Gym had been abandoned. He was not the type, however, who gave up so easily, so he said in a brisk voice, "Gym Leader Allister? I'm Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town and I want to challenge you to Gym battle. So how is it?"

He listened for a moment to hear the answer, but heard nothing but silence. He was so focused on trying to find some sound in this spooky place that it was getting a heart attack when he felt someone put their hand on his shoulder.

He turned around at lightning speed to see which bogey had touched him, but only saw Serena's fearful face in the light coming from the doorway. She had put her hand on his shoulder and whispered, "Ash, let's get out of here. I don't like this place, it makes cold shivers run down my spine."