46. Hello and good bye

Previously:

Serena had a quiet morning, Clemont gave Ash a gift, Bonnie told Serena some interesting information about Gou and Chloe, Gou caught a new team member, little Joltik, Clemont and Bonnie left back to Kalos and Oleana showed up unexpectedly and left us wondering why she was so angry...

------------------------------------------------------

"You! How dare you show your faces here after what you did to Chairman Rose!?" Oleana shouted angrily, marching to Ash and the others. They flinched at this sudden anger and looked at Oleana in confusion. "You have no idea how much Chairman Rose was upset that my... I mean, his party was ruined! You are responsible for it, for you lured those criminals there!" she looked at the group angrily, her eyes blazing angrily.

"What?! It wasn't our fault that Team Rocket decided to show up!" Ash defended, feeling his cheeks flush with anger. "We had no way of knowing that, we had no part in Team Rocket ruining Rose's stupid party!" Ash felt his voice rise towards the end and now blushed Oleana.

"Listen, boy, don't ever say anything Chairman Rose makes stupid," she hissed warningly, pointing her finger directly in Ash's face, its fiery red nail polish glistening in the lights of the lobby. Now the other people in the room had also noticed that something was going on. The girl on the phone had stopped talking and was left wondering what was going to happen. The boys talking about battle strategies were also staring and Nurse Joy said quite firmly from her counter, "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to leave if you start acting threateningly towards other people." Oleana, however, ignored her words and continued, "You have no idea how much Macro Cosmos does for you and your sorry ass, so I'm warning you: don't..."

"Don't what? What's going on here?" a familiar voice asked and everyone turned to look in its direction. They saw Melissa walking towards them from the direction of the toilets, looking confused at the view opening up in front of her. "What did I miss?"

"And who the hell are you?" Oleana said wryly, and Melissa's expression tightened slightly. "I'm Melissa Rogers from Pokemon: Now and right now I'd like to know why you, Oleana, seem to be threatening this boy?" she said, quickly taking on the role of reporter. Oleana didn't seem to like the fact that a reporter had shown up, so she straightened her back and scowled.

"Not for anything. We just had a little... more intense conversation," she said, brushing her hair with her hand. "And I don't have time to give interviews. I have work to do." And with that said, she shot one last warning glance at Ash, then sailed out the door of the Pokemon Center.

"What a bitch," Melissa grunted sourly, once the door had closed behind Oleana and the tense atmosphere in the lobby had dissipated. "She doesn't even remember that I was the one who interviewed her yesterday, I even complimented her dress. Now I understand why no one likes her."

"Yeah," said Ash, still a little confused about what had just happened. He was surprised how Oleana, the epitome of elegance, could be so willing to be so... intimidating. "There's clearly something about her that she doesn't show on the outside."

"Oh, absolutely" Melissa scowled and took her phone out of her pocket. "But if you'll excuse me, I have to go make a very important phone call. See you later!" And with that said, she strode off, leaving the group behind in silence.

****
"

"So, what's next?" asked Ash after some time. "Well, I think me and Chloe are going to go clean our room, it's a bit messy," Gou answered and Chloe nodded too. "Okay. I need to have a little word with Nurse Joy. What about you, Serena?" Ash asked, and Serena glanced over her shoulder.