xxxv

Thank you for 150K on this book ♡♡ what a beautiful birthday gift hehe ♡♡

°°°  

Jeongguk was furious, and a furious Jeongguk was unstoppable. He knocked the two men out, even with tied hands and kicked them to the floor. “This is what you get for betraying me, you scum”, he seethed, grabbing a hold on a rusty nail in the wooden planks and yanking it outside, using the metal to unlock the shackles around his hands before throwing them to the ground.

He heard screams coming from up above him and thought nothing of it at first, hurrying to the ship prison to free his friends. But upon a certain scream, he stopped in his tracks, eyes unfocused. “SIREN!“, the call made Jeongguk remember Jimin’s faithful words and a shudder of horror ran down his spine.

“As long as the pretty prince is with you, I will spare your crew. I will not forget what you did for me, Jeongguk but do not take me as foolish. I took a liking into Taehyung and I respect you. But I do not hold such feelings towards your crew. If they do something to displease me, I will drown every single one of them.”

Jimin must’ve made his warning come true, now with Taehyung in Hoseok’s hands and Jeongguk in captivity. The brown-haired pirate wondered why Jimin was so concerned for them, so invested into protecting the two, because his mind could not grasp that a siren was capable of getting attached, of having friends and feeling the wish to protect them.

But this action proved him different and he hurried to get to the cell of his beaten up friends before Jimin made his warning come true and sank the ship.

“Jeongguk! What the fuck is going on?! Is Tae safe?! Why-- what the fuck, why is water coming in here?!“, Wooyoung yelled out horrified, banging against the cell bars in bright panic. Jeongguk found the keys nearby and unlocked the doors, rushing everyone of his trusted crew out of the cells.

“Hoseok has taken Tae into-- I don’t know where but we have to hurry! Jimin is sinking the ship”, Jeongguk hurried to say, he did not want to waste any time, he would calm down as soon as he had Taehyung back safe in his arms. “What-- why is Jimin sinking the ship?!“, San screeched when a sudden wave crashed over their feet, nearly causing them to fall. The ship was rocking violently back and forth.

“Because he doesn’t owe me a debt anymore. And he said, if something is ever going to happen to Taehyung, he will show no mercy”, Jeongguk explained briefly and their eyes widened with horror and realization. “What do you need from us, Captain?“, Yunho asked, silent the entire time but looking as determined as ever.

Jeongguk hugged his dear friends close. “Get all of our allies and bring them from this forsaken ship. To the back, bring them to the back deck, there is a rowboat. Wait there for me, I’ll return with Taehyung”, the dark-haired pirate instructed his friends. A glance to the side gave him a sudden idea.

“Oh, and take Min Yoongi with you. I’m convinced Jimin will spare you when you hold his prey of desire close”, he said, throwing Yoongi a wink who started to scream after Jeongguk when the three sailors followed his instructions.

But Jeongguk has already ran up the stairs, on his last mission to save Taehyung before getting off of this sinking ship.

°°°

Outside was chaos, wooden planks breaking from force, sailors running around in panic while the ship was aching, screaming and going down, the water demanding its tribute. Jimin was visible, his face bloody, fangs exposed and his singing lured stupid sailors close who were dumb enough to fall for his enchanting voice.