epilogue

"Hey, my treasure. What are you writing?", Jeongguk asked, wrapping his arms around the slim waist of his lover, tugging his chin onto his shoulder after breathing a kiss to his neck. Taehyung smiled dreamingly, leaning back in his lover's arms and enjoying the feeling to be with his most favorite person in the whole entire world.

"I wrote to my father. Finally saying the words that should've been told a long time ago", Taehyung said, finishing off the letter with his signature, making sure to lock the letter away in the secretary he was sitting on before turning around. Finally being able to hold his lover properly, Jeongguk picked Taehyung up easily.

He carried his lover outside, to stand by the railing and look over the beautiful sapphire ocean. Their kingdom. Around them, the sailors were busy, running around and keeping errands. But all of them greeted their captain and his lover cheerfully.

They still called Taehyung puppy and he adored the nickname, although being sometimes teased about it.

"I love you, Jeongguk", Taehyung suddenly said, the words still new on his tongue, yet the meaning behind didn't falter. He meant them with his whole heart. Jeongguk was his world, his destiny and his future. He did not want to be away from the brunet haired man, despite their rough start.

Jeongguk felt the same about Taehyung. "I love you the most, Taehyung. My darling, my treasure", Jeongguk smiled softly before kissing Taehyung. He would never get tired of doing that. It was his favorite activity, Taehyung sometimes playfully whining that his lips were sore from the whole kissing. Only to be kissed again, and again until he forgot what he has been complaining about.

The first months have been hard, mourning over the fallen sailors and grieving over their loss. Hoseok's death has been the hardest, for all of them. Their split in the end has been brutal and shocking, the crew split and never got the chance to reunite. But Hoseok was not remembered as a villain, but a good pirate, and Jeongguk's friend. It was Taehyung's request to keep him in good memory and Jeongguk wanted to do the same.

They would never recover but the time could heal their wounds, not make them forget about it. It made them stronger, brought them together.

Taehyung was now an official, most beloved, part of the crew. Everyone loved their puppy and all of them have gotten pretty protective about him so it wasn't a surprise that they took his side whenever he and Jeongguk were arguing about light things. Their bickering was playful, a loving undertone always visible beneath.

San and Wooyoung have gotten far more closer than before until Yunho caught them making out in the kitchen, which hello gross, but all of the crew expected them to get together. Taehyung has been the one to cheer the most for them.

They even, surprisingly, had contact with Jimin and Yoongi, only occasionally though but still, since the siren demanded to do checkups on Taehyung. The prince found it cute, giggling when seeing Jeongguk's flabbergasted reaction that the raven could even wrap a fucking siren around his finger.

"Are you happy with your decision, darling?", Jeongguk asked Taehyung who he was backhugging. Taehyung nodded, staring at the ocean stretching out in front of them. "Yes. As long as I'm with you, I'm happy. I don't regret choosing you and I will, always", Taehyung said, turning around to kiss Jeongguk. The pirate smiled, still not believing his luck.

"Because you are the one I've been waiting for."

°°°

Dear Father,

Forgive me to write these words on a sheet of blank paper when my mouth should’ve said them to you. But I’ve been a fool to ignore the aching of my heart and I have to speak up now. I have fallen in love on this journey, yet Prince Seokjin does not hold my heart. My love belongs to a man, you would never chose for me but I can’t imagine him away from my side. I am sorry but I can unfortunately not fulfill my duties as prince. You wanted the best for me, I know that now. But I can chose my own life.

I will not return to you, nor will I keep the engagement with Prince Seokjin alive as my heart belongs to someone else. But I will return to you someday, hoping your heart will forgive me my sins until then. I am healthy, alive and happy with my decision.

Please be happy for me.

In love and appreciation,

Taehyung

Baekhyun read the letter of his son on the balcony of the palace. A lone tear ran down his face but he wiped it away with a smile. “If this is your wish, my son. Then so be it. I was a fool to buy your safety with your happiness and I will not be the one to dictate your life. Be happy, and content. Most importantly, stay safe. And I hope, that maybe you come visit me one day”, Baekhyun whispered, pressing the last words of his son against his chest.

They met a year later, Taehyung walking up to his father and bowing his head, but Baekhyun crushed him with a hug and everything was forgotten. When Taehyung returned to Jeongguk and the crew, now rightful sailors under the kingdom of Baekhyun with Taehyung as their official representative, his new extended family, he was happy.

His destiny belonged to himself and he was delighted to get to know that Seokjin himself has broken off the engagement in order to marry the love of his life, Namjoon. Taehyung too was happy for them. He knew he abandoned his duties to live his life as a commoner but that has been his decision.

His decision to stay with Jeongguk.

And the rest of his life was filled with Oceanblue.

THE END OF OCEANBLUE

~

Ahhh I can't believe I finished another Book !! Oceanblue was so much fun to write and I hope you had a fun time reading.

Thank you so much for reading this book and showing me and Oceanblue love ♡♡♡

I hope I'll see you in another work of mine !

I nom nom you ♡♡

Elaboratae