ii

Waves splashed against the bug of the large ship, the endless blue ocean stretched out in front of Taehyung's eyes. The sky blending into the vibrant blue of the water, creating an illusion of peace. It was anything but peaceful, Taehyung hated the sight because to him it meant the lost of freedom. The prince was now imprisoned on this sea, on this ship with nowhere to run or hide.

To say that drove him insane was an underestimation. The young prince has always hated the sea, the depth of the water and the endless of the blue surface which stretched for miles and miles of sight. He knew how much mass of water was under him, how long it must take to reach the final ground, only separated through a thin layer of wooden planks. Only a few meters until the total destruction of human life.

The sea, raw and powerful was always something Taehyung was terrified of. Because it wouldn't allow anyone to try to tame it. Sure, there were pirates ruling over its surface but the depths stayed unexplored. God knows what could hid underneath the pretty blue surface. Sometimes, the water sparked up in the prettiest shades of blue, sparkling in the sun or got tinted red from the sunset.

"What are you thinking of if I may ask, Prince Taehyung?", a friendly man shyly asked, it was a sailor who couldn't stop himself from talking to the pretty male. Taehyung might be a prince but he had that aura that made it very easy to relax in his presence and all of the sailors were yearning to talk to a real prince. They all were curious on how royal blood was behaving.

"Just that the depths of the sea are unexplored and that worries me", the prince spoke softly, careful to not misplace a word which the sailor, an elder but rather uneducated man, noticed in awe. "Aye", he said, leaning against the railing in a poor attempt in copying Taehyung's position. "S'always bad t'sail with newcomers, but you'll get used to it", he said with a chuckle at the end, meant to calm Taehyung down.

The prince bowed his head as a friendly gesture. "You might be right. I always have been anxious on the sea so forgive me my preoccupations", he smiled at the sailor who looked shocked at the friendly gesture of respect. "No no, y'are the prince, you bow to n'one! Oh... my apologies", the sailor quickly bowed at the prince once he noticed his harsh use of words but the prince only sweetly waved him off.

"No need to apologize. But if you excuse me, I'll move back to my chamber. Looking over the sea still makes me feel uneasy", the pretty male said with another bow of his head, gorgeous black locks cascading over his forehead before he walked over the deck, back into the direction of his own cabin.

The sailors stopped their work to look at the gorgeous prince and they all wondered how it was possible to look this beautiful. All the rumors were true that the crown prince of the Byun kingdom was the most beautiful piece of art the world had to offer, the brightest stars put into his eyes and the softest heart placed inside of his chest.

"May god bless His Majesty's soul", the elder sailor said in awe while he watched how his prince entered his cabin and softly closed the door. He always seemed so collected and relaxed, always at his best behavior, being kind and friendly to his subordinates, even their ruthless captain liked the male.

But unknowing to the sailor's eyes, Taehyung fell against the door, his calm posture breaking down entirely and he leaned his head against the door, sobbing silently into his hands.

Because as you might know, the ones who are laughing the most are secretly the ones to be the most lonely.

°°°°

"I'm really worried about Taehyungie... you know how irrational he gets once he's on a ship... and he still has this fear of pirates attacking him", the calm but worried voice of Seokjin said towards the naked man lying in his bed. A sigh left the other before he rolled over to his side, claiming Seokjin in a hug before pressing his face against his shoulder.

"It is a thing to be afraid of. Pirates exist and they'll always attack merchant ships or get into fights with each other. They think they rule over the sea", the man voiced out his thoughts, making Seokjin sigh but planting a kiss to his lover's forehead. "You're always so clever, Joonie", the prince murmured.

His lover only smiled faintly, accepting a sweet kiss.

"Let's hope you're wrong and nothing will happen."

But unluckily, fate had other plans.

~

Sorry it's so short but I cannot focus on writing anymore

Ela_koo