xxxvi

Sorry for the long wait, I didn't want to update this chapter bc I didn't want Oceanblue to end TT

°°°

The rowboat brought its passengers away from the sinking ship and Jeongguk helped Taehyung enter the conquered ship of Min Yoongi, all of them frightened and wet, but alive. Horrified because all of them saw people they have been close with die, but alive.

Yoongi has been cursing them loudly when he was dragged out of the cell by San and Yunho, thrown into the rowboat and taken as hostage, just in case Jimin was going to try something, trying to sink the rowboat. And with Yoongi, Jimin's prey of desire, they hoped to have a chance of survival.

Jeongguk lifted Taehyung over the railing, Wooyoung taking the little puppy carefully out of his captain's arms and bringing him up to the safety of the new ship. The brunet followed the petit male, immediately going to investigate the ship and shouting commands, helping the sailors enter the ship and checking any wounded.

Fifteen people have been saved, including Yoongi, Wooyoung, Yunho and San, all of the pirates standing on Jeongguk's side who were then thrown into prison for that. The screams of the others still came from the now almost sunken ship.

The water around the now destroyed ship has turned a deep red and all of them shuddered when they looked into the direction. Taehyung hid in Wooyoung's arms, crying in his embrace while the pirate cooed at him in order to calm him down.

San dragged Yoongi past them, towards the railing and held the cursing man there, Wooyoung being the only one not running around as he was busy guarding their puppy yet at least every single one of the survived pirates passed by the two, in order to check up on Taehyung.

Their worry was endearing and Taehyung felt his heart tighten, knowing he still held a spot in their hearts despite all odds and despite the previous plan of Jeongguk. He changed their impression on him, for good. He proved himself to be worthy, to be a part of the crew and that thought comforted Taehyung more than he imagined. He felt like he finally found the place where he belonged to.

Away from luxury and forced bondings, far from high expectations and a golden cage. Taehyung was free, allowed to do whatever he pleased. Allowed to stay with Jeongguk if he wished to...

Said man now walked up to San and Yoongi, exchanging a few words with the first man. Yoongi seemed to hiss something at Jeongguk, anger in his eyes which was understandable, since Jeongguk took his status, killed most of his crew and now took Yoongi's ship as his own. Yet that was the price to pay if a captain was defeated and Yoongi was no different.

"Captain is a fucking genius, and lucky to have you, Tae. We are lucky to have you with us", Wooyoung suddenly said, the words calming and meant to be comforting. It worked. "You somehow managed to make us a better version of ourselves", the shaken pirate whispered dazed, voice trailing off in the end and Taehyung snuggled closer into his embrace.

"Would you... would you leave us, if you had the chance?", Wooyoung asked shyly, almost scared. No, he was scared. Because Taehyung has proved himself, proved himself to be different and Wooyoung didn't want to let go of the new made friend. As soon as he liked someone, he would do anything to keep them by his side.

Taehyung didn't respond, heart aching for Hoseok, his fall replaying in his mind, over and over again. He has become the villain because he has been in love, but didn't do anything to him, regretted his actions and even died for it. Taehyung did not know what to feel.