xi

Hoseok took the softly sobbing boy back into the safety of the large cabin, pitying the prince. It wasn't his fault to be born as royal and being the target of Jeongguk's hatred for the royals. It also wasn't his fault to be kidnapped. To be more exact, nothing except maybe his big mouth was Taehyung's fault.

"Hey, sh sh, please calm down, everything's fine, there there, go sit down", Hoseok gently shushed and helped Taehyung to sit down on a chest, tenderly cradling his head and comping his fingers through Taehyung's silky locks. The prince held tightly onto Hoseok's arms while he was silently trembling, feeling incredibly frightened.

"I can go and get you some treatment for your cheek if you'd like that", the pirate offered politely and his heart skipped a beat when Taehyung looked up to him with wide teary eyes, a few tears running down his cheeks, the hit skin flaring an angry red. Hoseok wanted to run back to Wooyoung and smack the shit out of him for hurting this precious bean.

"T-thank you", the little prince sniffled and winced when he sat down on the bed, not feeling very comfortable in that position since it wasn't his bed. "I would've taken you to my cabin to give you more privacy but the captain is upset enough already and that would end in a tantrum", Hoseok chuckled at the end. Taehyung even offered him a small smile after that.

"I'll return quickly to you", Hoseok said politely before hurrying out of the room to get the treatment. Leaving Taehyung alone with his thoughts. Sadness and misery were the only things the little prince could think of, cupping his burning cheek and hissing a bit because of the sting. A sudden rush of hopelessness overcame him and his chest ached when he thought of his father.

Baekhyun wasn't a bad man, he just wanted to protect his son because he was too late in protecting his husband. Maybe he was trying in the wrong way but since he was from royal blood, a marriage with another kingdom meant safety. And all Baekhyun has ever wanted was to keep his son safe. Even if that meant for him to chose between his son's happiness and his safety.

Once Hoseok returned, Taehyung has snapped out of his thoughts, smiling sheepishly at the closer coming man who smiled a bit at him before kneeling down in front of Taehyung to take care of his wound. Hoseok tried his best to ignore the wide eyed puppy in front of him, lips parted while watching the pirate out of innocent sparkling brown eyes.

Hoseok has never seen a prince from up close but he was damn sure that Taehyung was a whole league containing looks. He just looked so ethereal, so gorgeous that it was hard for Hoseok to look away from his stunning face, focusing back on the wound.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. I assume you were on your way back to your kingdom", Hoseok spoke softly to the prince who nodded sharply, eyes unfocused staring into the distance. "Indeed. I have visited my fiance", the words weirdly stung in Hoseok's chest by this exclaim, now knowing that the beauty had a fiance was giving him a different light. So young and already engaged...

"You don't sound like you're fond of that", Hoseok remarked and Taehyung bit his tongue, no he indeed wasn't keen of this. He didn't want to get married, not even to Seokjin who has been turned into such a good friend. But marriage without love was simply not for Taehyung. Call him old fashioned but he was a romantic at heart. He believed in true love and magical first kisses.

"That shouldn't be something you should worry about", Taehyung said tenderly, not wanting to talk about this hated topic and Hoseok was quick to get the message. There was another moment of silence until the pirate spoke up again.

"I'd also like to apologize for Wooyoung's behavior. He's pirate through and through", Hoseok mumbled. He didn't like the hot blooded male that much but he appreciated that he was a hard worker and truly loyal to the crew. A bit too loyal to Jeongguk for Hoseok's liking but who was he to judge, he also felt loyal and grateful towards the thick headed male who took him in when he ran away from the authorities.

"He's an asshole", Taehyung bit his tongue too late after the hateful comment slipped out of his lips but Hoseok didn't harm him like he feared. He instead chuckled lowly, wiping the excess lotion away with his thumb. "He indeed is, not gonna lie. All of us are fucked up in some way, we're pirates after all. The hated scum of the sea", the pirate explained without any emotions in his voice and Taehyung perked up by this.

"You might be wondering why I'm telling you this right now. I tell you this, because I assume you're gonna spend a longer time with us. The sooner you understand how we think and act, the easier you have it here. Especially with the captain", and Taehyung's brows lifted by that. "He allowed Wooyoung to hit me, he embarrassed me multiple times and I won't give him respect for that", the prince spat out angrily and Hoseok sighed, understanding the boy's anger.

Even he sometimes hated his captain.

"He's not a bad man, y'know. He has just lost his trust in every single human being and prefers to stick to himself. Jeon has been a royal guard in his past, y'know. I don't know of which kingdom but his background caused him to hate royals with burning passion", Hoseok said and suddenly, his eyes became fierce.

"Convince him otherwise. Convince him, that royals aren't all that bad because I know that you're nothing like he fears you are. Please show him other sides. Only then you'll be able to survive here without him eating you alive. His treatment is already rough towards you and it won't be better if you don't prove him otherwise", Hoseok advised Taehyung and the prince gulped.

Because he didn't know how to do that.

~

What do you think of Hoseok?

Ela_koo