xxvi

Happy new year once more, my Babies♡

°°°

The entire ship was in bright panic when they soon spotted the closer coming ship, Jeongguk has already been informed by Hoseok of the closer coming ship, face stoic and cold while staring at the approaching ship, knowing the confrontation with the other was inevitable.

Jeongguk knew that this ship has been following them around and he certainly was sure who was the culprit behind, gritting his teeth in anger since this said culprit was so eager to see him fall, wanted to see Jeongguk on his knees. The pirate didn't want to give in to that man, not when he was the one controlling the sea. 

"Is Taehyung locked in my cabin?", Jeongguk asked Hoseok who was standing by his side, checking the magazine of his pistols and making sure his sword was sharp and ready to take lives. "Yeah, the little puppy isn't suspecting anything", Hoseok replied, checking his weapons himself and trying to ignore the flaring in his heart.

Jeongguk nodded his head, feeling at ease to know that Taehyung was at the safest place on the ship, safely locked inside his cabin and hopefully not worrying his pretty little head about the things going on outside. Jeongguk didn't want to scare Taehyung, not wanting to tell him that they were about to be attacked.

So he instructed Hoseok to assure Taehyung's safety, knowing the little puppy trusted his first mate. Taehyung was safe and that was the most important thing that mattered to Jeongguk. Now he only had to fight back the attackers before engulfing Taehyung in his arms again.

Wooyoung next to them snickered. "I bet he even fell asleep from how I know him. That boy has some heavy ass sleep. You wanna bet?", he asked with a smirk, receiving a smack on the back of his head by San who snarled at him. "Stop being a flirty hoe and focus on the upcoming fight. When you stay alive, you can bet", San scolded the other who cheekily smiled up to him.

"Sorry Sannie, didn't know you were that jealous", Wooyoung teased the pirate who was close to smack Wooyoung but a warning look of Jeongguk caused him to stop in his tracks. "Enough you two. Focus and maybe we will win", Hoseok scolded them.

Jeongguk threw him a cocky half smirk. "Of course we will win, Hoseok. You forget that we're the kings of the sea."

°°°

Once the first attacker jumped over the railing, the fight has started, screams growing louder when the first dead body hit the ground, the different parties jumping at each other in the wish for blood. The bodies falling over the railing immediately became victim to the awaiting siren and sharks in the water, having been given a feast.

Jeongguk wiped his sweaty hair out of his face, the know in the back of his head loosening but he had no time to redo it as he was jumped by another pirate, a second one joining after making him out as the captain and one giving orders.

"Hello Jeon, how nice seeing you again", a male snickered evilly before bringing his sword forward and pointing it challengingly at Jeongguk who spat blood to the ground before turning to the male, the other captain of the rivaling ship.

"Min Yoongi. Of course the scum of the scum had to chase after the king like a dog", Jeongguk grinned, the other male narrowing his eyes at him before aiming for Jeongguk's shoulder with a sharp movement of his sword. The brunet easily dodged the hit, snarling at the short black haired pirate captain.

Min Yoongi was the pirate second in power after Jeongguk's ship and he loathed the position of the brunet, always attacking him and picking up fights, stealing the treasures from Jeongguk or the ships they have hijacked. The short male was a nuisance, one that was fun to rile up and dance with yet still a nuisance.

And Yoongi has grown daring the more encounters they had.

"Says the one holding his power because of a siren by his side", Yoongi hissed. Their swords clanked against each other, metal sounds the only sound between them while they aimed to hit the other party deadly but not succeeding. Yoongi too was an excellent master with the sword, abilities as skillful as Jeongguk's.

"Jealous? I'm sure Jimin would be enlightened to feast on your flesh", Jeongguk replied back with a smirk, twirling around and delivering a quick, deep cut to Yoongi's leg, smiling victoriously when he heard the rival hiss.

"Oh, I will first give him the pleasure to taste your blood, dear enemy", Yoongi shot back, blood running over his knee and soaking his pant leg. "Sounds promising. Will you be alive to fulfill that promise? Your attacks are getting so boring Yoongi, you can never defeat us, just accept it", Jeongguk teased, knowing how much Yoongi despised him.

He and the rest of the crew were in constant rivalry with Jeongguk and his crew, hating each other to the core but somehow equally enjoying the fights with each other, almost seen as a tease. Yoongi was fighting for the pirate crown with Jeongguk but never truly reached for it.

It was like a dance with the devil.

"Always so cocky, Jeon", Yoongi said, rounding Jeongguk. They were standing close to the railing and Yoongi shortly glanced over the end, staring down into the water to see the familiar lascivious body of the siren. Yoongi winked at Jimin before focusing back on Jeongguk who hasn't used this chance of vulnerability, only loosely pressing his sword against Yoongi's chest.

"As much as I love to dance with you, dear enemy, you have something I want this time. Something that must cost a fortune", Yoongi said and Jeongguk's eyes darkened, the tip of his sword boring into Yoongi's chest slightly. "What are you referring to?", he asked lowly and Yoongi smiled widely.

"Oh, I think you know exactly what I have come for", the pirate grinned evilly. Just when Jeongguk lifted his sword to strike Yoongi, the other rolled out of the way, running to the staircase leading down to the main deck and Jeongguk chased after him.

But he was stopped in his tracks when three rival crew members attacked him and he had to fight back. Jeongguk lost sight of Yoongi during the battle and he cursed, desperately hoping Yoongi has not been referring to Taehyung. 

But his worst expectation turned true when he saw Yoongi approaching the other side of the deck. Breaking the wooden door with an easy aim to the lock before yanking it open.

Slipping into the cabin of the captain. 

~

I'm in the mood to write again yay !

Elaboratae