3. Every match is capable of burning, Liam

Third Person POV

The dreadful, yet intriguing question hung in the air, no one spoke after Liam asked it. Phoebe didn't dare to even blink, she didn't want to give anything away to him, he was observant and she hated that he was trying to figure her out.

She hated it with her entire being.

Do you really hate me? Or do you hate how I don't fall to your feet like most men probably do?

The words echoed in her mind, over and over again - he was right. Phoebe did hate how he hadn't fell to her feet and let her be a bitch. She hated that he was trying with her. She hated that he wasn't turning a blind eye like everybody else did.

"I don't owe you an explanation for my feelings.", Is all she said, her shoulder-length hair shifting as she tilted her head to the side. "And I told you to get away from me.", She added, smugly. However, still, Liam did not move.

"You want me to move?", Liam taunted her, his face retreating from the side of her head, to stare straight into her eyes. His gaze, slightly hooded, stared down into her defiant eyes. "Then make me move.", He ordered, his voice rough.

Phoebe almost laughed, she almost let out a laugh, he was ridiculous. Persistent and fucking ridiculous, she thought. "You're a dick.", She snarled, lifting her chin again, looking up into his face without a single thread of emotion present on hers.

Liam raised a brow. "Give me a second.", He whispered, glancing to the side for a second as if thinking about something, or waiting for something. Phoebe couldn't help but to notice his side profile. His sharp jawline, and his chiselled cheek bones. He was gorgeous, she thought. Annoyingly so.

A few seconds passed by, before he flicked his gaze back to hers. She looked more confused now. "No, I still don't care what you think. Was just checking.", he grinned, cockily.

Phoebe scoffed. "You're so full of yourself, aren't you?", She snickered.

"A lot like you in that aspect, huh?", he teased, his tongue flicking over his bottom lip. "We're a match made heaven.", He joked, still smirking down at her.

Phoebe's face fell into one contorted of a sea of deadly calm. "Every match is capable of burning, Liam.", She almost purred, her voice low - taunting and dangerous.

But so tempting and seductive.

Liam's gaze darkened at that, he focused solely on her. She was defiant and strong, educated and smart. He realized, that like him, he saw the world for what it truly was - fucked. However, with no more excuse to keep her trapped in his arms, he released the counter and straightened.

Liam did not shift his eyes from her, though. Nor did she with him.

Staring at one another, Phoebe allowed her shoulders to fall slightly - relaxing a little now that she had gotten some much needed space from him. They said nothing as they stared at one another. Phoebe's ocean blue eyes darker with rage and something else...

Lust.

As much as she hated Liam, and wanted nothing more than for him to be gone, she couldn't deny the fact that he matched her and challenged her. She liked how he challenged her, and didn't let her have her own way. She'd never admit that, of course.

"Food will be here soon, better get the plates out.", Liam turned around casually, as if that little encounter had not just happened. He glanced over his shoulder at a frozen Phoebe. "Which cabinet are they in?", he asked, voice calm and controlled.

Phoebe stared at him in a silent disbelief for his causal attitude, but lifting her hand and pointed to a cabinet to his right. Liam grinned at her and turned to collect the plates. Phoebe cursed her weak heart for stuttering against her chest at the little action - beautiful.