39. Like Bates Motel

A part of this chapter will be in the past, and it'll be obvious! <3 Enjoy! I am so thankful for all of you!

"Daddy, where are you going?", Little Olivia looked up at her father whilst holding onto her blue teddy bear, her hands shook with adrenaline. Her mummy and daddy argued a lot, and afterwards, her daddy would disappear for days. 

John looked down at his five-year-old daughter, her brown eyes so deep that he could see the innocence shining within them. "I'll be home in a few days Liv, don't worry princess.", he ruffled his daughters hair. 

Olivia clenched onto her teddy with both hands, cuddling it into her chest. "I don't want you to keep leaving me.", She whispered, and sniffled. John's heart broke. He loved his daughter and he hated that things would never work out between him and her mum. 

"I will never leave you.", He crouched down, facing his daughter, forcing a smile upon his lips. 

"Then take me with you, please dad.", She wiped her nose with one hand, and the dad made John tense up, she sounded stronger in that moment. Independent. "Mummy won't be angry I promise.", She lied. 

Mummy would be very angry, and both of them knew that.

But it didn't stop John from taking  his daughter with him. 

Taking his daughter to the place he wen't weekly, that same hotel he went every single time him and his baby girl's mum argued. It was a few miles away, and it was cheap and not somewhere to take a little girl.

But that time he took Olivia, they had the time of their lives. 

They played cards, they played football in the fields behind the hotel, they watched awful films and joked about the bad acting, and they slept in a single bed cuddling one another. And no matter how much Olivia hated her father, for the years to come, she'd never forgotten those two days she'd spent with him. 

Never

"What the hell is this place?", Liam asked from the back seat of the car. Him and Adam were sitting in the back seat whilst Brett drove and Olivia rode shotgun. "It looks like something out of a horror movie.", He muttered that last part to himself. 

"Like Bates Motel.", Adam added in a hushed whisper. 

Liam looked at him. "Exactly!", He agreed, turning his attention back towards the dark hotel that looked as if it had a max number of five rooms. It probably did... It was so small and so... eerie. 

Brett turned to park into one of the spaces, turning the engine off and looking to his side at his wife. His best-friend. His soulmate. "Is this the place?", He asked, voice husky, but it wasn't with lust or intrigue, it was with fear.

Not for himself, but for his wife. 

He couldn't live with himself if something had happened to her. Right now, Phoebe was at home with a couple more of his men, watching his kids. 

"Yes.", She struggled to speak, her eyes frozen on the old building sitting before them. Her eyes seem focused on one room in particular. "This is the place.", Is all she said. She hadn't told any of the men how she knew he'd be here... But she knew. 

And with that, she was the first to get out of the car. All three men following closely behind her. Olivia reached the reception first and placed her hands lightly upon the desk. The woman sitting behind the desk quickly turned her attention towards the brunette. 

"Can I help you?", The croaky voice spoke out. The woman was old, at least 60, and Olivia was sure that this was the same woman who had been here all of those years ago. 

"I'm looking for my dad, John Davis?", Olivia ask, voice as sweet as she could force it to be. 

The woman's eyes widened for a second. "Olivia?", She then rose to her feet and Olivia felt her heart sink, how did this woman know her? How did she know her fathers daughter so keenly. "You look so grown up.", She whispered, looking over her face. 

The three men stayed back, Brett standing slightly closer to his wife. 

"That's because I am...", Is all Olivia said. 

The woman seemed to straighten at the confused tone and she nodded her head slightly. "He's in room six darling, he might be sleeping, I can give you a key?", She suggested. 

Olivia nodded. "That'd be great, thank you.", Olivia smiled weakly. 

The woman was acting so strange around her and she noticed it, but she didn't have the effort to find out why, her father had just tried to kill her step-children. "Thank you.", Olivia repeated when the older woman handed her the key. 

Then, she turned and the men followed her to room six. 

The same room that she'd stayed in with her father. And her stomach turned, and she felt sick. Well and truly sick. How could her dad do this? To innocent children.

She wouldn't be weak though. She wasn't weak. She would not show her father her kindness and her forgiveness. She would just be sure to make her father regret what he had done. 

Olivia's POV

I wasn't a victim of my past. I wasn't a child. 

I was an adult. A woman. A woman who had been through hell and had gotten through it. This was nothing to me. He was nothing to me. I was his daughter, but from tonight, he would never be my father. 

As soon as I opened that door and saw my dad sitting on the edge of the bed, wiping his hands with a wet clothe, hate flooded my entire body. The smell of gasoline was strong, and the look on his face. 

The look of utter shock and terror and... realisation. 

It made me furious, and I wasn't sure that I had control over that fury. 

Not when I stormed into the room, and not when I punched him. I had no control of the anger and adrenaline that was monopolising my entire being, and punching him - my father. Punching my father only fuelled that anger. 

He gasped, but he didn't fight back. He dropped to his knees and I punched him again. 

It hurt - but I couldn't feel it - I just knew that it would hurt, or it should. The adrenaline stopped my senses from feeling it. I couldn't feel my knuckles breaking his cheek bone, or his nose, but I could hear his bones cracking. 

And as I punched him - I knew... 

I was no better than my husband. For what was right and to stand for my morals... And to save the people that I love... 

I would do anything. 

Absolutely anything.