15. I'd fight you but the outcome is pretty self-explanatory

Third Person POV

The day was going relatively fast and Phoebe was about to shut the shop down soon, when a familiar face walked through the door. Black hair, green eyes, leather jacket - and smelt like cigarettes. Her ex-boyfriend, the man who'd left her when he found out that she was pregnant.

"Damien.", She spoke under her breath at the sight of him standing in the doorway.

Liam had had his eyes closed, but when he heard a mans name fall from Phoebe's lips, his gaze snaps open. He'd been here for over a week, and he'd never seen a man walk into this shop. And at the sight of the man, he rose to his feet instantly.

Damien's green eyes fluttered towards the man at the back of the shop, and then back towards Phoebe.

"Long time no see, baby cakes.", He smiles.

Liam looked towards Phoebe, and he'd never seen her so... stiff and afraid?

"What are you doing here?", She mutters, gripping onto the counter for support. Her head felt heavy and sore and her legs were shaky and weak. Her heart was thundering beneath her chest and she wanted to scream.

Memories of that night she lost her baby came flooding back.

She was alone because of this man.

She was alone and lost her baby because this man left her... Left her and her baby.

"That's no way to greet your babies daddy.", he chuckles.

Phoebe stiffens and Liam felt a hot rage of anger flush through his entire body as the realization hit. This was the man that left Phoebe when he found out that she was pregnant. Liam made his way towards the desk, standing between Phoebe and Damien now.

"Get out.", Liam spoke, and thunder seemed to erupt around them.

His tone was fuelled with authority and dominance. He was powerful, and Phoebe hadn't realized it until now... He'd never had to be like this around her....

Threatening and dangerous.

Phoebe let him... She needed his protection right now, because she couldn't handle Damien on her own. Not after everything that happened.

"I want to see my kid.", Damien snapped, green eyes darkening.

Liam didn't budge, but behind him Phoebe shook with fear at his tone. Liam said nothing, he only stared at the man, waiting for him to challenge Liam - some part of Liam wanted him to dare challenge him. He wanted an excuse to beat this jackass up.

"I lost it.", Phoebe's voice shook with each word.

Liam's heart ached at the sound of her voice. He hated hearing her like this... Weak.

Damien seemed to stiffen. "What?", He roared. "My baby?", He growled.

And that was all it took for Liam to snap. "Get the fuck out before I throw you out.", He spoke so lowly that he seemed calm, but hearing Damien speak to Phoebe like that after what she'd gone through on her own, it broke something inside of him.

"Who the fuck are you?", Damien looked at Liam now.

Liam barked out a harsh laugh. "Someone you do not want to mess with, get out.", Liam tried again. He was doing the best he can to do this without getting physical.

And Phoebe, for the first time since Liam had met her, stayed silent.

"Get out and don't come back here again, you got it?", Liam snarled, lowly.