30. Show Olivia some respect

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I've been really busy and stressed with personal life issues and it's bringing me down a lot - I'm trying. I really am, sometimes I don't write and update, but I'm still thinking of the book, and the characters and what I want from them. Always planning - I promise. Thank you so much for reading, it means more than you know :)

"Kyle, I am not going to repeat myself again.", Olivia sighed, running her hands through her brunette locks. Olivia was more stressed now than she'd ever been, helping Brett run the business, and being a full-time mother to Kyle and Olivia. She was handling it better than anybody else could.

Kyle rolled his eyes. "I never asked you to repeat yourself, I asked you to change your mind.", He huffed, pushing his hands into his sweatpants pockets.

"You're not going.", Olivia snapped, swivelling on her heels, hair shifting with the movement. Her eyes met his, and she glared across the room at him.

He was high right now, and it was obvious. "You're not my mum.", He replied, voice low. "You don't get to dictate what I can and can't do.", He decides. Inside, that broke Olivia, but she kept her face harder than stone.

She sighed, and closed her eyes for a moment, calming herself. When she reopened her eyes, she looked calmer and more in control. "I'm not your mum Kyle, no. I won't pretend to be your mum, but I have looked after you for years. I care about you, and that is why you're not going with those boys. They're not good for you.", Olivia explains, calmly.

Kyle groans, head falling back. "They're my friends!", He exclaims.

"Friends don't get their friends high as a kite on the daily. They don't get their friends locked up in a cell over night for stupid shit!", Olivia lost her cool for a moment. "Since you met them, it's been nothing but trouble. You know that, you're smarter than you've been acting recently.", She whispers that last part.

"You're shit.", Kyle laughs.

"Excuse me?", Olivia raises a single brow.

And just when Kyle opens his mouth to explain his thought process, he was interrupted by a much deeper and more authoritative voice.

Liam Knight wouldn't take his attitude, especially not toward the woman who had raised him.

"Watch your mouth kid.", Liam straightened out his suit as he walked into the kitchen, glancing from Kyle to Olivia who was looking at him with a thankful smile. "Show Olivia some respect.", He added, looking over his shoulder at Kyle who was now looking at the floor, defeated.

"She raised you.", Adam chimes in.

Kyle groans. "I'm going out.", He mutters.

"I'm sure Olivia just said that you're not going?", Liam turned to face Kyle completely, his tone dominant and left no room for debate. "So get your ass up them stairs until you feel like coming down and apologising to the woman that raised your selfish ass.", He spoke so calmly that it shook Kyle to the core.

However, Kyle obeyed and stormed up to his room like the moody teenager that he was.

Olivia let out a breath that she hadn't realized she'd been holding. "Thanks for that.", She rolled her shoulders a little, releasing some of the tension she felt there. She was tired - so tired.

"Why's he being so dick-ish?", Adam asks, planting his arse on a chair at the table. Liam took a stance at the counter, leaning back against it with his arms folded in front of his chest. Olivia glanced between the two men, and ignored Adams question.

"What is it?", She whispers, realizing that there was a reason they'd both come here. "Would you like to talk to Brett?", She wonders out loud.

Liam shakes his head with a half laugh. "Actually we came here to talk to you.", He admits.

Olivia stands taller. "Okay.", She breathes.

"We figured out who blew up the car.", Adam speaks first, his eyes on the floor, not wanting to see the sadness that he knew would be present on the woman's face. "Two people are responsible for it... Your father was starting a new gang to get back at Brett.", He explains some more.

Olivia's breathing hitched. "What?", She gaped.

"Damien... Phoebe's ex.", Adam said.

"And Connor, the kid from next door.", Liam added, voice gentle.

"What?", She exclaims, louder now and voice fuelled with anger. "Are you fucking kidding me?", She glanced between the two men. "You've got to be kidding?", She almost begged, voice breaking. The man from next door had been the man to kill her dad, the kid who'd she'd trusted.

"Sadly... No.", Liam coughed, awkwardly.

He didn't know what to say, or do.

Nobody had ever seen Olivia like this.

"Come on.", She grabbed her jacket from the counter.

"Where are we going?", Adam questioned, rising from his seat.

Olivia looked Adam in the face. "Paying them a visit.", She said, voice a sea of terrifying calm.

Liam swallowed at the seriousness of her tone.

"Yes boss.", He chuckled, trying to lighten up the situation.

Olivia glanced his way, before marching out of the house.

It was time to show them why Brett had married her, and why he'd trusted her to run this business with him. It was time to show everyone what she was really made of.