13. That look could bring any man to his knees, Phoebe

Phoebe's POV

"I hope you enjoy your party tonight," I smile at the woman taking her bag and leaving. She'd decided on a beautiful black dress with some black gloves that I'd made a few weeks ago - both silk. I'd made sure she tried them on and they fit perfectly.

The woman smiles. "Thank you, love.", And with that she turns around and leaves.

And I allow my gaze to shift towards the sex-god of a man sitting at the back of my shop. He was sitting back against the sofa, his legs spread and his arms splayed out across the top of it. He looked so casual but so gorgeous. I hate it; I hate him.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer.", he mutters, voice tired but sensual. I raise a brow, noticing how one eye was closed and the other was squinting at me whilst he smirked.

"How original.", I mutter, looking down at my notepad.

I didn't want to look at him for a moment longer, he affected me too much.

Instead, I write down my name on the notepad. I write it again, and again and again - making myself look busy so that I wouldn't have to talk to him.

"When are we done?", He asks, like a child.

A very deep-voiced child.

"When I decide that I'm done.", I reply, making sure he got the I'm part. I own and run this business, I decide when I'm done and I will not be pressured by some man-child to finish early because he's bored. "Aren't you getting paid to be here?", I huff, shifting my gaze from my notepad to him.

His brown eyes are open now and he's peering at me, smirking still.

"You're so intriguing, you know that right?", He says, voice low.

"Intriguing?", I cock a brow at him - is that suppose to woo me?

The silence seemed to echo even louder as he watched me with that intense and thrilling look. That look that made my heart melt and my body burn. My heart ached and my mind cracked to the nothingness that he caused.

I thought of nothing but the moment. I felt nothing of the past - and I liked that.

I loved it.

And I hated that I enjoyed it.

I enjoy how he makes me feel.

Alive.

"That is what I said, little lady.", his smirk seems to fade, and his gaze darkens. "I love how you look at me like that - you look at everyone with that look, but you make it look so good when it's directed towards me.", he purrs.

That look? What is he talking about?

I don't ask though, I just watch him as he rises to his feet. He stalks his way towards me and I do nothing. I say nothing and I let him invade my personal space.

I can sense the heat from his body and I can feel his warm breath. He peers down into my eyes and his lips tug upwards. "That look could bring any man to his knees, Phoebe.", he admits, voice rough with sleep and something else.

Admiration? Desire?

"Including me.", He admits, voice lower now.

My heart faltered from a short moment at his admission. That look could bring him to his knees. I wanted to smile or smirk or blush, but instead I glare up at him and face him fully. "Then get down on your knees.", I whisper back, my voice filled with a hidden rage.

His eyes widen momentarily, but they relax back into a sea of calm. "You want me on my knees Phoebe?", he purrs, leaning further down. My breath catches in my throat and I should push him away or scream at him.