21. You're gonna look like that steak I just ordered... Battered and bloody

The day before the wedding

"Good afternoon gentleman," Liam sends the two gentleman a faint smile whilst holding out his hand. Brett had sent him on a quick mission to the butchers - he'd had word that they were helping the remainder of the Russian Mafia.

He was trying to sort everything as quick as possible - so his wife and children would be safe after tomorrow.

Liam raises his hand to one of the men, and the man quickly looks down at his bloody hand.

"My hand is covered in blood," He states, an accent clear in his voice.

Liam took note of that, but kept his hand up for the man to shake. "Me and you both buddy.", Liam purrs, seemingly seductively. He watches the man shift uncomfortable and fights back a smirk.

The man shakes his hand nevertheless.

The second man stands further behind the counter, just watching the two shake hands. Liam sent him a side glance before looking down at the meats for sale. "I'll take some steak.", He decides, shoving his hands into his suit pants pockets now.

The man nods his head, and begins picking up a steak. "Two, please.", Liam adds quickly, thinking of Phoebe.

"Two steaks.", The man repeats, grabbing a second steak.

Liam watches carefully and intensely. "Russia is a beautiful place, don't you think?", Liam purrs.

The two men freeze in their movements and both sets of eyes meet his. Liam smirks immediately at the fear on their faces. "You picked the wrong side gentleman.", Liam shrugs weakly, watching the man drop the steaks. "I still want those.", He states calmly, nodding to the two juicy steaks now on the counter.

The man doesn't pick up the steaks though.

"Who are you?", The man who stood further away asks, voice shaking a little.

"I can't seem to understand why the leftover members of a mafia would want help from men who work in a butchers? I can't wrap my head around it... Enlighten me.", Liam pushes his hands further into his suit pants pockets.

"Mafia?", One acts shocked, but it was a poor act.

Liam chuckles at that. "I'd practise that act for when your wife finds out that you've been cheating on her for the past five years.", Liam states coolly. The mans eyes widen. Liam always did his research.

The man standing closer to Liam finally gives in. "Money.", He states, seemingly confident. Liam could see through it though, he'd met many seemingly confident men in the war - they never were. Every man would fear for his life, brought face to face with some competition.

Liam was always competition.

"Listen boys, I'm not in the mood for chit-chat, so if you could just listen and listen really close, that would be great.", Liam finally says, really wanting to get this over with now. He was missing Phoebe, he was missing making her blush.

The two men exchange looks and then look back towards Liam.

"Tell the small remaining men in the mafia that Brett Black is done with that life, and if they leave him and his family alone, he'll return the favour.", Liam states. "But if they decide to ignore this friendly suggestion, then he will destroy all of them... Including you and your nice little families, got that?", Liam tilts his head to the side a little.

The men seem to shake in fear.

But to Liam's surprise, the furthest man pulls out a loaded pistol, and aims it straight at his head. Liam sighs at the action. Big mistake.

"You better pull that trigger, because if you don't... you're gonna look like that steak I just fucking ordered. Battered and bloody.", Liam snarls.

The mans hand shakes. Liam notices, and he knows he won't pull the trigger. He's a butcher, not a fucking mafia member. "So do it, shoot me.", Liam lifts his hands out of his suit pants pockets, lifting them to his sides.

The man quivers, and the man closest to Liam steps away, fear in his eyes.

Liam was calm still, he'd had a gun aimed at him more times than he can count. He'd been shot in the war more times than he can count. He'd been burned and tortured, and he'd be damned if he would show fear now.

A breeze seems to blow through the butcher shop, and Liam hears the chime of the doorbell. The three heads turn to look at who had entered, and Liam smirks at his friend - Adam.

Adam strolled in looking as calm and as collected as Liam did. He'd walked past Liam and was observing the meats too, as if deciding what he wanted for dinner. "Are the lamb chops any good here?", He glances up at the man with the gun, and then towards the second man.

They didn't answer, they looked confused and fucking terrified.

"Oh the service here sucks.", Adam mutters under his breath when he doesn't get a response to his question. "I'll buy some anyway. Give me five.", He looks up at the man who doesn't have a gun.

"I'd suggest the steak, it looks good.", Liam suggests, and Adam looks towards his friend.

He seems to think for a moment, and then turns to the man again. "And one steak, please.", Adam sends him a faint smile. The man looks towards the one with a gun, and he looks back at his friend. They look more confused than scared.

And now, with their attention focusing on the confusion, Liam pulls out his own gun and a heartbeat later, the man holding a pistol drops to the floor. A bullet in his thigh now.

The second man screams silently and stumbles back, eyes wide.

"Now where are they hiding?", Liam sighs, making his way behind the counter now, putting his gun back into the side of his pants. "The mafia members, I know they have a hideout somewhere close by, where is it?", He asks the man quivering back against the counter.

The man on the floor is crying and holding his thigh.

"We don't know," He shakes.

"Bullshit.", Liam decides.

The man finally meets his gaze and Liam smirks. "They own a club downtown, they got some woman to buy it from Black - it's one of his old clubs.", The man finally explains, quickly.

Liam raises a brow. "Ballsy.", He chuckles, glancing over his shoulder at Adam, who was now sorting out his own order. Liam chuckled at that. "Did you hear that?", Liam asks his friend.

Adam nods. "Ballsy.", He agrees, not looking at Liam.

"Stupid but ballsy.", Liam concludes, looking back at the man. "I'd like the address, and I'd also like to have my steaks now.", He sends the terrified man a beaming grin.

Psychopath - a murderous psychopath, that was what he looked like.

He didn't care.

And as the shaking man began to sort out his two steaks, Liam could only think of one thing - getting home and cooking Phoebe the best meal of her entire life.

He smiles at the thought.

***

Okay so, you got to see a little bit more into Liam's darker tendencies. Brett is a murderer, but Liam enjoys it more... He was in the war, and he's accustomed to it. Hot but... :) Please vote and comment! :) It helps me a lot :)