29. Two people. Connor and Damien.

A few hours later, Phoebe was still in bed sleeping soundly whilst Liam was sat downstairs with Adam. Adam was wearing a suit, whilst Liam was wearing some grey sweatpants.

"What are you saying?", He asked, sounding worried.

Adam ran a hand over his tired face. "I'm saying that whoever did this, whoever killed John, they weren't mafia. They weren't Russian.", He explained quickly, pacing around the kitchen whilst Liam leaned back in his seat watching.

"How do you know?"

Adam scoffed. "I deal with drugs, and spying. It's the two things that I'm good at Liam, and you're asking me how I know?", He rolled his eyes, raising his hands at his sides as if to shrug. "As soon as it happened, I left to find out who was responsible for the murder.", He added.

"And if it wasn't the Russians, who was it?", Liam asked, scared for the response. His entire body was on high alert.

"Two people. Connor and Damien.", Adam answered simply. "Connor as in the kid next door, and Damien as in Phoebe's ex. I did my research.", He exclaimed.

Liam raised a singular brow, sighing. "And why would they want John dead?", He questioned out loud.

"He was trying to build a second gang, to counter Brett. It all started when he kicked John out of leadership. ", Adam answered. His voice was shaking, and his whole body was tense as he walked back and forth. "Russians are gone Liam, they're not a threat anymore. They tried hiring newbies but it didn't work. They're dead. Brett fought the Russian-fucking-mafia, and now they're fucking extinct.", He laughed, a harsh laugh. Humourless.

Liam chuckled lightly. "That's Brett for you.", He winked up at his friend.

Liam and Adam trusted one another with their lives, they were basically brothers. They had to be close to survive together in this business.

"How do you plan on telling Brett?", Liam asked.

"That's where you come in.", Adam countered.

He shook his head instantly. "No way, I'm still trying to figure out a way to tell him that I want his fucking baby sister.", Liam laughed, shaking his head again. "You're telling Brett.", He nodded at Adam.

Adam froze and stared down at him. "There's more important things than your relationship troubles!", He whisper yelled, knowing Phoebe was upstairs.

Liam glared at him. "I don't agree.", He said simply, sarcasm laced in his deep voice. Liam was always making a joke out of the most serious of situations — it's what made him Liam.

Adam just rolled his eyes. "You're useless.", He stated.

"Look, I just don't understand why you'd want me to tell him something serious, have you met me? I'm so far from serious that it might as well not exist in my vocabulary.", Liam teased.

"Liam.", Adam deadpanned.

The man finally let out a sigh of defeat. "So John created this gang, and they murder him? Adam, come on.", He ran a rough hand over his face, still smelling Phoebe there. His cock twitched remembering the night they'd had.

Adam was oblivious to the shift in Liam's thought process, and carried on. "Yeah, he fucked them over by still being in contact with Brett — they wanted revenge, and so they murder him and that leaves them to do what they want, when they want.", He explains.

"That's childish.", Liam raises a brow as if his friend might be joking. "That's ridiculous.", He adds.

"I didn't say that the thought process was good, I'm just telling you what it was.", Adam replies, glaring down at Liam. "You'll help me tell him?", He asks.

But before Liam could answer, the two men heard a movement in the kitchen doorway. Adam snaps his entire body in that direction, as if ready to fight. Liam just twists his head, to smile at the tired-looking woman that stood there.

"Adam?", Phoebe wrapped her self up in her thin blanket.

Adam's shoulders relaxed. "Afternoon.", He nodded to the lady. Phoebe glanced between the suited man, to the shirtless man that had made her cum more times than she could count.

Liam looked absolutely sinful, smirking across the room at her. His eyes aflame already, as if recalling the events that had taken place tonight.

Phoebe shifted her attention back to Adam. "Did you find out who did it?", She asks.

Adam takes a glance towards Liam. "We have to go.", He states, and it was the first time Phoebe had heard Adam sound worried. "Right now.", He glares at Liam.

Liam raises a brow. "Dude, I'm shirtless.", Liam deadpans.  "And yes, he did.", Liam looks back towards Phoebe, voice softer when speaking to her.  Phoebe noticed how his features would soften, and his tone wouldn't be so harsh. He was gentle towards her, and she liked that.

"Who?", She asks, eyes bouncing between the two men.

Liam almost choked then. Damien. The man who destroyed her entire life — her trust and her ability to love, and feel loved. He destroyed her, and Liam wasn't ready to tell her that he'd also destroyed her brothers wedding, and friends life.

"Connor, the kid from next door.", Adam said, voice sounding sad as if his thought process had been the same as Liam's. 

Phoebe raised a brow. "What?", She asks, confused.

"And Damien.", Liam whispered.

And Phoebe fell silent, her eyes finding his, seeing that Liam was being serious. He wasn't making a bad joke, a poorly timed joke, he was being as serious as he'd ever been before.

"Damien?", She breathed.

And with that one worded question falling from her lips, Adam and Liam spent the next hour explaining everything and comforting her.

Before leaving to tell Brett the unbelievable news.

And Liam couldn't help but to wonder, he wasn't going to kill Connor was he?

Damien he understood.

But Connor's sister was Brett's sons first love. His only love — and Liam hoped that Brett realised that before acting out of anger.

"Maybe we should talk to Olivia instead.", Liam says out loud in the car.

Adam sighs, a breath of relief. "Thank fuck I wasn't the only one thinking that.", He chuckled, humourless.

And the rest of the drive was silent, as the pair thought about what they were going to say to the new female leader of their gang.

They hoped that it would go well.

***

Please vote and comment, it helps me a lot!! in the next chapter you're gonna be able to see how Olivia is adjusting to her new role as leader of a gang. See how powerful and badass she really is :) Love you guys.

Ps. This chapter might be bad because i wrote it on my phone.