23. You are worth it to me, Phoebe Black

His hands on her neck, and hers laid flat against his clothed chest, they stood outside in the cold weather and kissed. Neither Liam or Phoebe felt the nippy weather, and neither of them noticed when the rain started pouring down.

The warmth that the kiss brought was enough to keep them together.

Liam deepened the kiss, tilting his head to the right as Phoebe tilted hers to the left a little. One of his hands slid into her hair, gripping it a little to pull her face closer to his, he couldn't get enough of her. Liam could kiss her forever.

Phoebe would let him, she was sure of it now, she'd let this man kiss her forever.

She couldn't breathe but she didn't want too. Her hands slid up his chest to his shoulders, gripping them to keep balance. Her legs felt weak with disbelief and excitement.

The rain kept pouring, and drenched the pair of them, but they didn't care.

Phoebe wanted to push him away, her mind begged her to do so, but she wouldn't. She couldn't push him away, not right now, not with his mouth on hers. Not when he was doing such a good job of making her feel safe - something she hadn't felt in a long time.

Desire and disbelief coursed through both of them as the taste of one another grew too much to bare, to much to handle.

That's when they pulled back slightly, gasping for air, gasping for oxygen that didn't belong to the other.

Phoebe shook with pleasure. "Liam," She whispered. Liam's eyes flickered open to watch her staring up at him with a vulnerable look on her face. It was fear he saw in her eyes, Liam knew that emotion all to well.

"I know..", He cooed, cupping her face again. "I know, Phoebe.", He said, stronger this time. He knew what? That they were both broken and a mess, but wanted each other nevertheless. He knew that she was afraid and that he was obsessed with her.

Liam Knight had honestly not thought of another woman since he'd laid eyes on Phoebe that first day outside of the coffee shop.

He was obsessed with this lady, this strong and independent woman, he was obsessed.

Phoebe leaned forward and allowed her forehead to settle against his shoulder, taking this moment to memorise the smell of him, the musky manly scent that was also clean and attractive. She knew he didn't use much aftershave, even on a day like this - he was just him.

Liam Knight.

And she was more than happy with him.

They both knew that there was a lot of unspoken uncertainty and so much unspoken truth, but instead of voicing that, they just stayed together. Phoebe leaning into Liam some more as the rain continued to pour down violently.

Liam wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his chest, resting his chin atop her head. Phoebe sighed as she leaned into it and wrapped her own arms around him.

Safe...

Phoebe felt safe here, in his arms.

"I'm not worth it.", She said under her breathe. "I'm not worth the fight, you might think that I am but I'm not.", She shut her eyes tightly, holding herself against him tighter now.

Liam's own eyes fluttered shut at the sadness in her voice. "You might not think that you are Phoebe, but I see you. I've seen you, the real you, and I haven't turned away yet.", He said, voice laced with truth and adoration.

Phoebe swallowed, pressing her eyes closed tighter now.

Liam caressed her back, and gently stroked the back of her head, allowing her to relax into him.

"You are worth it to me, Phoebe Black.", He purred.

Phoebe shook with a silent cry. Liam felt her body move, and he pulled back, taking her tiny hands in his large hands, he forced her to look up at him again. And when she did, he saw her smudged makeup and her glossy eyes.

Rain and tears were not a good mix, but she looked beautiful still.

"You said that you wanted one night, and then we'd go back to being nothing. I said yes to that Phoebe, for you. I don't want one night with you. It isn't enough.", And here he was, pouring his heart out to her again. This time though, he hoped she wouldn't turn and run, he hoped she'd listen.

She leaned into his palm and her eyes fluttered shut for a short moment. Comfort. Liam provided her comfort and security and that scared her so much.

"Then what do you want?", She asked when her eyes met his again.

Liam grinned then. "You, Phoebe.", He admitted, voice hoarse. "Always you.", He smiled down at her and Phoebe couldn't stop the mirroring grin that took over her own lips.

Always you.

Always her.

And it was the truth.

"I want to protect you and cherish you, not because of this stupid contract. I want to be beside you because I like you, more than I've ever liked anybody else.", He swallowed, nerves settling in the pit of his own stomach now. He wouldn't shy away now.

Liam never gave in to his fears. "I want you and I want you to want me back.", He said.

Phoebe's heart broke. I want you to want me back. He didn't know it, but she did. Liam was the only person in her entire life who had fought for her, and in honour of her, and had tried with her. He made an effort every single day.

Nobody had ever done that for her.

She felt calm with him. She felt peace with him. Her hands stopped shaking, her mind didn't wander to her trauma, and to her Liam was home.

"I'm not easy.", Phoebe said, gaze hardening for a slight second.

Liam chuckled. "I don't want easy, Phoebe.", He grinned.

Phoebe rolled her eyes but smiled up at him. She smiled up at him, and it was open and without a single ounce of restraint and Liam could've sworn then that he loved her.

Love to Liam was something unknown, something he'd never experienced. He'd never loved a parent, he'd never loved a woman, he'd never loved anything. But watching Phoebe's eyes light up when her lips tugged upwards without restraint, he knew that that was the closest he'd ever been to feeling love.

"I love it when you smile.", He admitted, gaze fixed on her mouth.

Phoebe froze for a moment at the deep look in his brown eyes. "My smile?", She asked, voice breaking. Liam's brown eyes snapped up to meet her blue ones. "You like my smile?", She let out a shaky giggle.

He shook his head. "Love.", He corrected her. "I love your smile.", He said again.

Phoebe giggled again, and that was all it took for Liam to bring his mouth to hers again.

And he didn't want to stop kissing her.

He didn't want to stop touching her.

He just wanted her.

All of her.

***

I know this is short and it took me a while to upload, like I said in the last chapter I'm not doing so good. I hope you're enjoying it though. I am so thankful for you reading, and I would appreciate it if you could vote and comment - it helps me a lot. I need the motivation right now.