43. Safe and happy.

16 months later

"I can't believe he's 8 months old in two days.",Phoebe whispers, glancing over at her son who was laying on his back on the floor, playing with some toys. "It's flown by.", She sighs.

Olivia leans forward on the sofa, reaching over to stroke the little boys head. The blonde haired baby looks up at his aunt and smiles. He was so young but so aware and expressive.

"He looks like Liam.", Olivia says, voice soft.

Phoebe sighs at the mention of him. She missed him, she missed him more than she thought humanly possible. "He is. Hopefully he won't be as much as an ass as his father is!", She teases.

Olivia laughs. Phoebe let's out a small chuckle alongside her. "And how are you and my brother?", Phoebe asks, crossing her legs now. Her blue eyes boring into Olivia's brown ones.

The young woman places a hand on her stomach, looking down at the protruding belly. "Since he found out, he's been going insane.", She admits, stroking her clothed baby bump. "He won't let me visit the office, and he won't let me leave the house without an escort.", She giggles, remembering the conversation they'd had before she'd come here.

"I just want you to be safe, my love.", Brett cups his wife makeup-less face. Her eyes peer up into his, a smile on her face.

He was being ridiculous. "And what do you think is going to happen?", She asks. His eyes seem to darken at the thoughts and worries whizzing through his mind.

"I have a lot of worries, you know what life i've lead.", He admits, voice hoarse. His thumbs slide back and forth against her jawline. Since the wedding and the attack on his kids and his sister, he'd gone completely clean.

His business focused on the legal aspects. He - they - owned many buildings in London. Buildings that included clubs, hotels, restaurants and even shop complexes.

They - Brett and Olivia - also owned a few pharmacies.

And John and his men were long gone. Brett had imprisoned them all, he still had his connections within the police, which was why he had Adam working in a University to catch a drug dealer.

He helped them, and they helped him.

John and Connor and Damien wouldn't see day light again.

"I'm going to visit your sister, Brett. I don't think she's going to kill me. Do you?", Olivia teases.

Brett falls silent and his face looks serious. "She is a pretty scary woman.", He whispers. Olivia chuckles. She was a very independent woman, Olivia thought.

"Maybe I should get her to kill you then.", Olivia leans up, pressing a gentle kiss against his lips. Brett closes his eyes and allows his wife to kiss him.

"Eww.", Kyle groans, walking into the kitchen to see his dad and his step-mum pressed up against one another. "You're disgusting.", He says, heading towards the fridge.

"Where is your sister?", Brett looks over at his son, keeping his arms around his woman. "I haven't seen her in a few hours.", He explains.

Kyle shrugs. "I heard her on the phone with a boy.", He says, casually.

"What?!", Brett breaks apart from Olivia then, racing up the stairs. Olivia laughs, knowing this was her chance of escaping alone for once.

"I'm going seeing Phoebe. Would you like to come with me?", She grabs her phone from the kitchen counter, waiting for his answer.

Kyle shakes his head. "She's not actually on the phone, I just said that so you could escape. Go. Quick.", He laughs.

Olivia chuckles. "You're a smart kid.", She waves him off and then speed walks out of the house, grabbing the car keys on the way.

"I can imagine.", Phoebe chuckles.

And just then, the front door opens and the women hear two mens deep chuckles. And they were home.

Phoebe jumped up as fast as she could, racing towards the doorway where she knew her boyfriend would be, and he was.

He stood waiting for her, arms open, a huge grin on his face. "Liam!", She whispered, breathlessly, leaping into his arms. He caught her and placed one hand on the back of her head, the other on her lower back. He stroked her and held her tightly to him, soaking in her scent.

"I missed you, lady.", Liam whispered into her hair, closing his eyes.

Phoebe's heart felt whole again. "Not as much as we missed you.", She replies, taking in his scent also.

Phoebe felt so lucky to have him alive after that one night. He had died. The ambulance had arrived and tried to resuscitate him at the scene, they had no hope.

On the way to the hospital though... his heart started again... all on its own.

It had taken him a few weeks to get back to his full strength, but after that, Brett had given him some real work - now that he would be protecting his sister for the rest of their lives - it was no longer a job that needed pay.

Liam was a talker. He always had been. So once a month, Brett had given him the job of travelling around the country to personally check in on all of the businesses. It usually took between 7-14 days, and Phoebe missed him so much when he was gone, but it was his job.

And she loved that he was no longer in any kind of danger. No hitmen jobs. No guns. No killing. No torturing.

He was safe. And alive.

And Phoebe... She had a chain of clothing stores now, known as Blacks Boutiques. She'd gotten help, and she had a total of 7 stores around the UK. And as of last week, a company from the US had been in touch with her about expanding her stores over there.

She still made her own clothes, she made the original pieces and her workers make multiple of whatever she makes.

Usually within each store, they made 50 of each piece she made, so they were quite expensive still as there was never more than 50 of each piece in each store.

That would change if she decided to expand into the US, but it would be a great thing for her to do.

"How is he? My little fatty.", Liam asks when Phoebe finally let's go of him. "Oh hey!", Liam says when he sees Olivia.

He walks into the living room and gives Olivia a quick kiss on the cheek before reaching for his son. Evan smiles as soon as he sees his father and starts giggling when Liam lifts him up into his arms.

"Hey Adam.", Phoebe smiles at Adam.

"Hi.", He leans across and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "How are you?", Adam ask Olivia, walking into the living room behind Phoebe.

Olivia sighs. "I'm pregnant not disabled.", She huffs.

The two men laugh. Phoebe chuckles to herself and Olivia rolls her eyes. "I was only—", Adam starts but doesn't get to finish.

Brett bursts through the doors, eyes frantic. "You crazy fucking woman!", He glares across at his wife. Olivia bursts out laughing at the panic on her husbands features. "You left without saying bye! Why didn't you take someone with you!?", He asks, finally calming down a little.

His hand on his chest.

"Because i'm pregnant, not disabled!", She repeats, louder this time. And this time, everyone bursts out laughing, including Olivia herself.

And after everything... they were happy.

Safe and happy.

Thank you so much for reading this book! I appreciate you all so much. Please vote and comment, and i will try to get Adams book started soon (Undercover teacher x student). I LOVE YOUUUUUU.

Liam is alive 😉