7. Bodyguard sent from hell

Third Person POV

The day had gone so slow, Liam thought as he sat with his feet up on the sofa, beer in his hands. He hadn't seen Phoebe all day and it was now 5PM in the afternoon. He'd spent most of his day watching shitty TV and reading some books he'd found laying about the place.

He'd realized that despite Phoebe's attitude, most of her books were romance novels.

"Get your feet off my sofa.", Her voice startled him. Liam sat up immediately, his feet finding the floor and his brown eyes finding hers. Phoebe sat on the sofa across from him, placing one leg over her other as she stared at him.

Liam said nothing, partly because he didn't know what to say.

He'd spent the first few hours of the day trying to get his dick to stop twitching at even the thought of her name - Phoebe.

"I've made two dresses today.", She states, tiredly. Her eyes closing as she leans back against the sofa. Liam took this moment to take in her figure and her attire - she wasn't wearing workout clothes anymore. She was wearing some grey sweatpants with a black hoodie.

She looked casual, and Liam liked this look on her.

Her hair was tied up into a messy bun, and her face was makeup-less. She looked naturally gorgeous, and Liam would prefer her like this over her being dressed up. He liked her either way though, and he hated that he did.

"Is that good?", He raises a brow, sipping his beer.

Phoebe scoffs. "Usually I'd have made at least five.", She states, sounding annoyed.

"Oh.", Liam mutters under his breath. So, what was the problem? He wondered, but didn't ask. Phoebe was talking to him. She'd come down here and sat with him, and was actually conversating with him. He didn't wanna fuck this up.

"I'm bored.", She breathes, eyes opening again. Her blue eyes finding Liam, who was staring at her in complete awe. "I want to do something. Go somewhere.", She admitted. "And since you're my bodyguard sent from hell, I thought I'd tell you that I'm getting ready to go out.", She muttered, sounding fed up.

Ah, Liam nodded. This made more sense.

"Where?", He asked, voice low.

Phoebe shrugged. "A bar with a friend.", is all she says before rising to her feet. "And I'm bringing that friend back tonight, so don't argue with me on it. Okay?", She stares him down. Liam just looks up at her, his face emotionless but features soft.

"A male friend.", He stated, rising to his feet now. She craned her neck to look up at him now, hating how he had a few good inches on her height. She hated how powerless she felt in his presence. Phoebe said nothing though, just glared at him.

Liam smirked. "It's fine with me, I'd like to bring home a female companion anyway.", He retaliated with a careless shrug.

Phoebe scoffed at his choice of words. "As long as you clean the sheets afterwards, I don't care.", And with that she turns on her heel and disappears up the stairs. Liam sighs, but sets his beer down, following her up the stairs to get ready himself.

A couple of hours had passed when they found themselves at a bar. Liam was stood at the bar, talking to the woman behind the counter - she had blonde hair and a face full of makeup, but she was pretty.

Phoebe was sat at a table with her friend - Michael - beside the bar, so that Liam could keep a close eye on her, as he'd said. Phoebe had scoffed at his words, but obliged anyway. Phoebe was wearing a red dress that hugged her curves perfectly - her hair was straightened and fell just below her shoulders now that she had straightened it.