5. I have a proposition for you

Third Person POV

The rest of the walk to Phoebe's clothing shop was silent, in a sort of relaxing way. Liam enjoyed the new view of a different town - compared to London, this tiny town was gorgeous. It was relaxing, but not so far away from the main city that it was boring.

He'd love to have grown up somewhere like this, somewhere that felt homely.

"Phoebe, I've been waiting for you!", A squeaky voice pulls Liam out of his thoughts, and his gaze snaps towards a skinny blonde woman waiting beside Phoebe's shop. She wore a pencil skirt, with a white shirt tucked in. Her eyes were deep green, and he swore he'd seen her before.

Briefly, but he had definitely seen her before.

"Oh, hi.", Phoebe gave her friend a faint smile - it was the most Liam had ever seen from her. "You here to collect your order? I have it ready for you in the back.", Phoebe explains, pushing the door to her shop open. The woman doesn't even look my way as she follows madam inside.

"Yes. Busy day today.", The blonde exclaims with a soft sigh.

Liam knew her, and staring at the back of her head as he followed them into the shop, he was racking his brain trying to figure out where he knew her from.

"Oh yeah?", Phoebe asks, heading towards the back room.

"Yep. I'm starting a new job. You know that guy that I was hooking up with?", The blonde asks, and Liam almost immediately turned his back to the women, scratching the back of his head. He didn't wanna hear this. Did he?

"Yeah.", Phoebe calls from the back, whilst the blonde leans forward against the counter.

Liam still stared out of the shop, watching people walking by, some looking his way. He smiles at some of them, and they smile back, continuing on their day.

"Yeah well, he called it off. Something about his daughter not being happy about it.", The blonde says, and Liam can hear the disappointment in her voice. "So, we decided that it would be best if I left the company and worked somewhere else.", She says.

"And what about him? Does the jerk get to keep his job? Of course he does.", Liam could hear the anger dripping from Phoebe's venomous words. Feminist - Phoebe hated men. Liam liked that about her though, confident women were attractive.

The blonde chuckled. "Actually, he got fired by the boss before I left. Something about the boss knowing his daughter? I'm not sure - it's complicated. I only wanted to get laid.", She muttered the last part.

But now, Liam was facing the back of the blonde.

"Jessica?", her head snaps in his direction, startled green eyes finding his brown ones. "You're the girl that John cheated on his wife with?", He raised a brow.

The blonde woman, Jessica, stared at him in disbelief. "Don't sound so surprised.", She huffed. "How the hell do you know John?", She tilted her head to the side. Phoebe had found her way back to the counter, gaze shifting between Jessica and Liam.

"I work for Brett - the boss.", He states, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I knew I'd seen you somewhere. You worked in the offices in the main building didn't you?", Liam laughed. What a small fucking world this is, eh? He thought to himself.

Jessica didn't say anything, to stunned to speak.

"Did you know he was married with a kid?", Liam tested her, planting his hands in his suit pockets. Phoebe almost laughed at his tone. Disciplinary and fatherly. "Because you fucked Olivia's life up pretty bad.", He stated - feeling defensive for the lady he'd grown fond of.