24. That isnt the only thing ive done to her

The kiss lasted as long as the two could withstand the heavy downpour, which was a long while. They'd finally gotten ahold of their emotions and had continued their journey to the after-wedding party.

Phoebe had left Liam immediately when they arrived, excusing herself to talk to Olivia.

Liam had nodded his head silently, dripping wet like a homeless dog, and headed towards Adam who was sitting at the back of the large hall with a beer in his hands.

"Didn't you drive here?", Adam asked, furrowing his brows as he watches his friend take a seat beside him. "It's raining hard out there."

Liam cocks a brow, and turns his head to face Adam. "Really? I didn't fucking notice. I'm sat here drenched like a fucking whore but no, I didn't notice that it was raining Adam.", Liam chuckled, running a hand through his wet hair.

Adam's lips twitched with humour. "So you didn't drive, no?", He laughs.

"No, I didn't fucking drive.", Liam now wipes his hand over his face. "Phoebe doesn't like driving, so we walked.", He muttered, his mind shifting to the kiss that happened only moments ago.

"You walked in the rain, just because she doesn't like driving?", Adam asked casually, hiding his hidden interest.

Liam sighs, leaning back into his seat, spreading his wet thighs. "Don't start.", Is all he says, voice sounding extremely tired.

Adam laughs again. "I didn't say anything!", He defends himself.

"You didn't have too.", Liam rolled his eyes, before allowing his gaze to train over the entire room. His gaze fixes on Phoebe standing near the dance floor beside Olivia. They seemed to be laughing, and Liam feels his heart wrench at the sight. "I need a beer.", He decides out loud.

"Go get one then—", Adam begins, but doesn't have the time to finish as Liam reaches across to grab his beer out of his hold, finishing it in a couple of large gulps.

Liam places the bottle on the table. "Thanks man.", He sends Adam a side glance, to see that his friend was watching him with a confused yet calculated look. "Stop trying to figure me out, it's creepy.", Liam mutters.

Adam sighs. "What crawled up your ass today?", He looks down at his empty beer bottle with sad eyes.

"That woman is giving me whiplash.", He groans.

Adam glances towards where Liam was looking, taking note of the brunette haired woman in pink. "Phoebe?", Adam asks, looking back towards Liam.

He nods. "She's so fucking infuriating. Her mood swings are impossible to keep up with, one minute she's kissing me in the rain and giggling like a love-struck teenager, and then she's ignoring the fuck out of me like I'm just some stranger she's never had a conversation with.", Liam rushes out, his mouth speaking without consent from his brain.

Adam nods his head slowly. "Yeah, you definitely needed that beer more than I did.", He mutters. "You kissed her? Brett's sister?", Adam asks, voice low.

Liam laughs, without humour. "That isn't the only thing i've done to her.", He mutters under his breath, thinking of the night he had her over his knee, his hand making her arse red.

"You slept with her—"

Liam nudges his friend, gesturing to the man walking over to the table. Brett Black. His black suit was perfectly tailored, and his brunette hair was styled without any imperfection. He oozed power and authority.

"Congratulations.", Adam spoke first, rising to his feet to reach across the table, shaking his boss's hand.

Liam follows, and rises from his seat. "Yeah, congrats.", He nods when shaking Brett's hand. Brett nodded and sent the pair a faint smile, worry was flashing beneath his blue orbs.

"You're on high alert boys.", Brett says. "And you," he looks straight at Liam. "You're not to leave my sisters side tonight, you got that?", He raised a brow, as if testing Liam to deny his order.

Liam nods. "Yes boss.", Is all he says.

"You're to watch my kids, and Olivia when she's not with me.", Brett turns to Adam.

Adam nods. "Yes sir.", He complies immediately.

Brett stands taller now, straightening out his suit. "Enjoy your evening, be expecting some extra pay if tonight goes well.", He hums as if he wasn't talking about business. "No more drinking," He gestures to the empty beer bottle, and then turns on his heel.

Brett heads towards Olivia and his sister, Phoebe.

Liam and Adam both let out a massive sigh, falling down into their seats with a crash. "What a party.", Adam mutters. Liam chuckles in return, focusing his gaze on Phoebe.

"What a day.", Liam corrects his friend.

What a fucking day.

Olivia was standing in her white dress, drinking a small glass of wine when she felt an arm around her waist, pulling her to a hard body. "Hello beautiful," that sensual voice purrs beside her ear.

"Eww.", Phoebe stares at her brother. "Get a room.", She states more playfully.

Brett chuckles, planting a gentle kiss atop his wife's head before turning his attention to his sister. "You're not to leave his side tonight.", He orders gently.

Always in control, even with his family.

"I'll do as I please.", Phoebe replies, voice soft, but stare hard as she glares up at her older brother.

And then Olivias gentle plea follows. "Please stay with Liam tonight...", She sounds desperate, and worried. Phoebe looks down at Olivia, and notices the worry in her gaze.

Phoebe nods slowly, not understanding, but trusting Olivia.

"Okay.", She whispers.

What the hell was they worried about?

****

Hi, thank you for being so patient!!! I'm so thankful for all of your reads. Please do vote and comment :) It helps to keep me motivated.