27. Let me taste you?

Phoebe and Liam spent the walk home talking about absolutely nothing. Phoebe felt her entire body shaking with adrenaline and disbelief, and Liam didn't know how to comfort someone when it came to witnessing death.

It was so second-nature for him, with the war and this business. He wasn't sure how to help her through this, he wasn't sure what to say or what to do, and he hated it.

They arrived home late that night, and Phoebe had decided that she was going to head straight up to her room, but when she decided to take the first step of the stairs, she felt a hand grip her wrist so lightly.

Phoebe whipped her head around, staring at Liam who was peering down at her with those beautiful brown eyes which she'd fallen for endlessly in the past few weeks.

"What?", Is all she said, harsh and venomous.

Phoebe wanted to be in the comfort of her own room, she wanted to cry and sleep until she forgot about the fact that a man was blown to shreds just metres away from her.

Liam didn't respond to that. "You might think that being alone will help, but it doesn't.", He whispered, pleading evident in his tone.

She sighed. "I'm fine, you need to stop worrying about me Liam.", She replied, voice monotone.

He raised a single brow at that, his gaze searching her face for some emotion, but he found nothing.  "I don't worry for the sake of worrying, it isn't something that I get to choose to do Phoebe.", He replied, voice sharp.

Phoebe's gaze softens at that, but she continues staring up at him, words beneath her now.

"I worry about you Phoebe because I care about you and because I don't want to see you hurt.", Liam explains, quietly.

Phoebe scoffs. "I've been hurting for years, you can't fix that Liam.", She says, voice softer now. "Thank you for worrying about me but I'm fine.", She lies.

"I can try.", He states, ignoring her last statement.  "I want to try to help you, Phoebe.", He states again, more confident now.

"I don't want you to waste your time!", her voice shook with every word as she raised it. Liam noticed the hurt present in her undertone, and that was it for him.

He reached forward, gripping her shoulders lightly, and pulled her into his chest. She tried to push him away at first, and his force wasn't that great, if she wanted to move him away, she could.

But Phoebe didn't.

She let his arms wrap around her, she allowed her head to rest on his chest, and she even embraced him too. Her tiny hands slipped around the back of him and held onto him.

And that's when a tear fell from her eye.

And her body shook as more tears began to fall. Olivias dad had just died at her brothers wedding. What is more fucked up than that?

"The blood.", She panted between her sobs.

Liam stroked her hair and her back, and closed his eyes as he rested his chin atop her head. She wasn't wrong, there was blood everywhere. On other people's cars, on the floor, the walls of the building.

It was a mess, an absolute mess.

"I know Phoebe.", He whispered, cooed even.

At war, he'd watched grown men blown apart right before his eyes, and the blood was always what made him sick. The amount of blood and the spread of the blood was unnerving.

Butchered like meat.

That's what had happened to John.

She pulled away and peered up into Liams eyes. His hands slid to her waist, and rested there as she peered up at him longingly.