6. This; this is me flirting, Phoebe

Third Person POV

They arrived home soon enough, and Phoebe had insisted she order food, but Liam had forced her to accept his offer of cooking for the both of them.

Phoebe had been surprised but accepted hesitantly, cursing him under her breathe.

"If I get food poison from this. I'm suing you.", She states when he places the plate down on the table. Liam chuckles, but says nothing, finding his own seat across the table from her. Phoebe looks down at the food on her plate, and forces her face to remain unimpressed.

He'd made her chicken and roasted potatoes with some roasted and seasoned vegetables. When Liam had offered to make Phoebe food, she'd thought he'd made noodles or some bacon on toast, but here was a proper, well-cooked meal.

"I hope you like it.", He says, popping a tiny potato into his mouth, his eyes trained on the lady sitting before him.

Phoebe says nothing, she just cuts up her chicken breast, and tries a piece. It was gorgeous, she thought. Perfectly cooked, it was soft and juicy on the inside, but cooked thoroughly. She glanced up to see him watching her with eager eyes, waiting for her approval.

They sit in silence, both eating their meal without exchanging so much as two words.

And then, when Phoebe had finished the food on her plate, she set down her knife and fork, and found his gaze. "It was nice.", Her admission surprises him. Phoebe hates how it feels to be honest with someone, and compliment them - she didn't like it.

"Nice?", Liam cocks a brow.

Phoebe nods, looking bored.

"Just nice?", He repeats, tilting his head to the side whilst chewing the last piece of meat he had left. "Come on, you can stroke my ego a little more than that, Phoebe.", He smirked, leaning back in his seat, watching her with that intense look that she hated more than anything.

Liam waited, and Phoebe just stared across at him, hating how composed and powerful he looked. She knew his thighs were spread under the table, and his arms hung over the back of the chair, he looked so powerful - and she resented him even more for it.

"Your ego has been stroked enough by the looks of it.", She replied, glaring at him.

Liam grinned at her, her heart fluttering beneath her chest at how gorgeous he looked when he smiled. "My ego? No. Other parts of me, yes.", he sent her a wink and Phoebe scoffed at his crude joke

"You're disgusting.", She spat.

Liam smirked. "Sometimes.", he agreed, honestly. "Only when it's appropriate, Phoebe.", He teased again and noticed how her eyes widened slightly. Liam chuckled, throwing his head back at the look of distain written across her face. His Adams apple bounced up and down with the movement of his laughter.

Phoebe watched in both awe and annoyance.

"Stop making inappropriate jokes, Liam.", She snarled.

Liam stopped laughing then, and leaned forward, his forearms resting on the table. Phoebe allowed her gaze to shift to his handsomely large hands for a moment, and then snapped her eyes back up to his face. "Flirting.", He corrected. "This; this is me flirting, Phoebe.", He smirked.

Phoebe stares across at him, a small part of her wanted to lean forward too, she wanted to feel the warmth of his breath on her cheeks - she wanted to take in his scent, but she didn't. She sat straighter instead, rage glazing her stare.

"Stop flirting then.", She corrected herself.

"What? You don't like it?", He teased.

Phoebe scoffed again. "No. I don't like it.", She lied.