37. Petrol. It was everywhere.

So thankful for every single one of you guys, you have no idea. This chapter will be in Liam's POV, so enjoy! :) 

****

What is that sound? My body completely freezes. Fuck the sound, what is that smell? I stay completely still. My body is in survival mode. I can smell petrol. Petrol. In the fucking house. I want to move and look, but now that I'm fully awake I can hear what's happening in my room. 

Someone is pouring something everywhere... And that something is petrol. 

"Whoever that is, you're making a huge fucking mistake.", I finally allow myself to sit up, my eyes open to take note of a dark figure in the middle of my room. A man. His figure was built like a man, he wasn't skinny, but he wasn't too bulky either. 

The man, who's face was covered, turning to me. 

His hand dropped the canister and instantly reached into his pocket. A flame lit in his hand. He had a lighter. And there was petrol fucking everywhere. Fuck

One wrong move, and I'm dead. 

Phoebe is dead. 

Charlie... and Kyle. 

Fuck

I keep my breathing steady, and slowly peel myself from under my sheets. Now i'm standing, hands lifted at my sides to show I'm not a threat. I'm stood, shirtless, with some sweats on. I can feel the wet petrol on the bottom of my feet. 

"This entire house is covered in petrol.", The man's voice sounded forced. "If you move one more step, I'll drop this lighter. You'll all die.", It was so forced. So fake. 

I swallowed, it was so dark, but I could make out the shape of him. His eyes were brown. A dark brown. I could see them through the holes in his black mask. His voice was robotic, and forced, I knew this man. 

Why else would he be concealing his real voice? 

My gut told me to try and get that lighter out of his hand. He was at least four feet away from me, logically, I knew there was no way in hell I'd get to him before he dropped that flame to the floor. I'd be burning by my second step. "There are children in this house. But from my analytics, you already know that?", I tilt my head slowly, thinking. 

He says nothing. He's just as still as I am, holding that lighter in his left hand. He was left-handed. Brown eyes. Around 5'11" and quite big. He knew who was here. He knew me and the kids. 

"Yes, I know that the kids are here.", he hisses, harsh. The kids. Not any kids. He knows what kids are here. He knows them. He wants to kill them. Why now? Why not when they're with Brett and... 

Olivia. 

This man didn't want to hurt Olivia. 

Whoever this was - and then everything seemed to still. 

5'11", brown eyes, left-handed, his build, and the fact he didn't want to hurt Olivia, but he wanted to hurt Brett's children and sister. John

There's no fucking way; it's impossible. 

My body was monopolised with adrenaline. "You know Olivia?", I ask, casually. It wasn't casual, it was a calculated question. I couldn't see his face, but I sensed the surprise and the panic at that question. 

I'm not just a pretty face. 

"I'll kill all of you.", He promised, and that shaky voice had cracked. His identity was revealed. And John... John isn't dead.