12. I'm about to get slapped right now, arent I?

Hello, i'm so sorry about slow updates. I'm really really trying, just so stressed with Uni and life in general. I hope you're all well and keeping safe. This is being written on my phone because i'm stupid so please ignore any weirder errors than usual. Autocorrect hates me.

Thank you so much for reading though it really does mean the world to me and i love every single one of you who votes and comments — it makes my day.

Enjoy.

A few days later

"Phoebe this is Adam.", Liam gestures to the silent man sitting on her sofa drinking a beer, before gesturing from Adam to Phoebe. "Adam, this is Brett's sister Phoebe."

Phoebe straightens down her dress, walking further into her living room. She'd been upstairs today making her clothes and Liam had invited Adam over for some company. Different company.

Since Phoebe and Liam had had that heart to heart, things had been more than awkward.

"It's lovely to meet you Miss Black," Adam rises to his feet, reaching out his free hand. Phoebe takes it and shakes it, smiling under his gaze. She liked him already.

He was polite and not as annoying as Liam.

"I didn't get a smile when I first met you.", Liam muttered under his breath. Phoebe shot him a glare.

"That's because the first thing out of your mouth was a compliment instead of a normal greeting — You wanted in my pants from day one, which meant I hated you.", She shot at him. Liam raised his hands up in self-defence.

Phoebe rolled her eyes an looked back at Adam.

"It's nice to meet you, how is my brother doing? With the wedding planning and all.", She asked, sitting on the opposite sofa.

Adam sat back in his seat, shrugging a little. "They're alright, just got some issues with Kyle.", He admitted.

"What's wrong with Kyle?", Phoebe rose a brow.

"He's settled in with some wrong guys at College that's all, he's smoking weed and shit like that. Brett's handling it... sort of.", He muttered the last part.

Phoebe's mouth fell agape. Kyle smoking weed? And Brett hadn't literally murdered him yet... Must be Olivias doing that Kyle was still alive and breathing.

"What about that girl from next door?", Liam asked.

Adam scoffed. "She broke up with him for smoking weed and drinking and all that fun stuff — I think he's worse off because he lost her.", He said.

Liam nodded. "Understandable.", He drank some more of his own beer.

"Yeah so everyone's just a little preoccupied with trying to fix the kid.", Adam concluded, leaning back in his seat. Adam was wearing black jeans with a white tee, and some white trainers. He looked casual, which was rare.

"You started teaching yet?", Liam asked.

Phoebe raised an eyebrow, but flickered her gaze between the two of them, listening. She took note of Adams casualness and how gorgeous Liam looked in the suit beside him.

"Two weeks before I start.", Adam concluded.

"Oh yeah? College?", Liam asked.

Adam shook his head. "University. I'm so fucked.", He muttered to himself. Adam wasn't cut out to be a Professor, or even pretend to be one.

"What are you gonna be teaching?", Liam chuckled.

"English Literature, so it isn't too bad.", Adam explains. He did read, he loved to read but lately he'd not read as much because of the demanding jobs that Brett had been setting him now Liam was gone. "When do you come back?", Adam wonders out loud.