Chapter Twenty-Five: Hello, Alpha...I'm Sort of the Boss of You

Chapter Twenty-Five: Hello, alpha….my name is jade and i’m sort of the boss of you…

(Would appreciate some kind of feedback to let me know what you think of the chapter.)

The next day Mikhail and I strolled down one of the streets of the village like town that was close to the Brimstone Pack’s estate. Some of the people were weres but most were human and they had no idea of what we were. We had decided to talk to some of the locals and see what they knew about the weres in this area. Of course, we could storm the place without warning but what would be the point? It wouldn’t be fun—well it might be amusing to see them scrambling to obey Mikhail’s every order, but it would very likely cause a war. I thought it would be a good idea to separate so that people would be more open but Mikhail was having a hard time agreeing. He was a man and a fierce looking one on top of that. Who was going to willingly, spill beans about other locals to someone who looked ready to commit murder?

“I’ll go this way and you go that way,” I said smoothly.

He looked down at me. “I don’t think so.”

“No one’s talking to us because you’re terrifying them,” I retorted.

He sighed and shook his head. “Fine but we meet back at the hotel in fifteen.”

“Done,” I agreed and skipped off.

Turning and looking around, I waved at locals and noticed all eyes on me. I had expected it. It was part of the reason I had worn what I had worn. A simple pair of denim short shorts and short sleeve plaid shirt that fit like second skin and was tied under my chest; it would fit right in with the other hoochies and I knew it. Tossing my long white blonde tresses over my shoulder, I smiled gleefully.

“Excuse me, miss,” a man greeted.

 I stopped and turned to face him. He was decidedly a peculiar fellow. At about “5’7”, he had nondescript pale grey eyes that seemed almost lifeless and dark blonde hair. He was slim and had an unmistakable air of power.

“Yes?”

“Are you new around here?”

“I’m visiting a friend of the family,” I readily, replied.

“Well I’m Joe Trevor and I’m a modeling agent. I’d love it if you entertained the thought of modeling for petite models.”

I grinned, happily. I was beyond flattered but that wasn’t what I had come here for. “Well may I ask why you are in this area?”

“It’s remotely beautiful and I’d like to bring some girls out here and have them model in the naturalness of the environment. You’d be perfect.”

“Have you been around long?” I asked.

“Almost three months.”

“What do you know about it?”

“Well everyone seems to know those folks up at that large estate and seem to genuinely either care or fear them. I’ve been about half mile into the land and viewed things that shook my bones and sent me running. There are wolves aplenty in the forests out here at night. This city is dangerous at night if you’re in the area of the forest. Some wolves stare you down until you leave. It’s almost if they protect that estate. Me, I use the forest to take pictures.”

I looked at him with an arched eyebrow. What else did he do in that forest? He sounded suspicious to me. I wasn’t sure, maybe it was just me but I got the feeling that he was more than a photographer looking for models. He was indignant about those wolves, that I knew to be werewolves. He kept encountering sentries who watched over the property that led to the pack house. I knew we’d have to encounter them to get to the Brimstone Pack. A crazy idea formed in my head and I knew it would work. I looked down at my watch and then did a quick scan for Mikhail. He wasn’t anywhere around, good.