Chapter Seven: About That...

Chapter Seven: About that…

****Jade’s Point of View****

The decision I had made had been final…I was going to leave my Aunt Rebecca’s house and leave them without any doubt or guilt. I knew he was coming with every fiber of my being, my wolf did too. She was going crazy and trying to keep me from leaving. It wasn’t going to happen. Grabbing my bags, I looked at my aunt and Lucas.

“I don’t want to put you two in a bad situation so I’m going to leave right now and start a journey away from here and him. I don’t want to be tied down right now. I just got out of the relationship that I thought would last forever,” I said turning on my heel and starting to leave.

I had just gotten down the path of the sidewalk when my wolf whined at me. I knew instantly he was there…less than two blocks away. Slinging my bags onto my back I changed into my wolf and took off in the opposite direction even though she wanted me to meet up with him. As I ran I heard a growl of rage from back at my aunt’s house and I knew he had caught a hold of my scent and was going to follow me.

I ran as fast as I could to the airport scaring people in the process. I didn’t care I had to get away from him, so I ran into the ladies room and scared everyone out. Changing into my human form I put on some clothes and pretended to be one of the scared helpless women as I ran out and went to the front desk to order a ticket. I didn’t even know where I wanted to go. I looked up at the board and seeing Paris, I decided to go there. This was a place I had dreamed of going to. I bought the ticket and went and got on the plane. Five minutes later it took off and I felt like I was safe from him. I had just relaxed into my seat comfortably when a man sat down next to me.

Something about him drew my attention. I couldn’t help myself I turned and stared into one of the most handsome faces that I had ever seen. He looked like an angel that had fallen straight from heaven and into the seat next to me. I stared at his breath taking features. A high firm nose that was the perfect size, a golden sun kissed complexion, full soft lips that just looked like they begged to be kissed. To go with all of this he had long shoulder length black hair that curled around his ears. Overall he was the perfect man. The only thing that I hadn’t seen was his eyes. I was willing to bet my life that they were just as sexy as the rest of him.

I finally turned away and rested my head on the headrest of the seat. Closing my eyes I started to drift off to sleep as Mikhail’s voice filled my head.

Rest assured little one. Eluding me is not an easy feat. You forget who I am and what I’m capable of.

Whatever, I sent back sleepily.

I had just begun to lose consciousness of my surroundings when the man next to me moved. I opened one eye and instantly my eyes met a pair of the prettiest purple eyes that I had ever seen in my life and I knew that it was him. Gasping I sat up more fully and moved as far away from him as I could. I tried to break eye contact because of how much it was affecting me but it didn’t work out that way. He drew me even further into his stare as he looked me over with full male appreciation. I heard a sigh of contentment and smugness.

“Mine,” he said out loud for the first time.

His voice slid over my body and sent a course of heat spiraling through it slowly. That sexy accent sent my toes curling and made me want to listen to him forever. I was in a trance after hearing that voice.

“You have some type of power with your voice,” I accused. “That makes me listen to you and---“

“No little one,” he said huskily. “You have some type of power over me. It is you who has bewitched me. I’ve searched for centuries for you. Did you really think that I would let you go so easily?”