Chapter Seventeen: Surprise, Surprise...

I sighed and looked at the blonde before me. I was tempted to send my fist into her jaw and knock her flat on her ass. Ever since I had had that vision she had been bothering me. She had asked me if I was allergic to anything and a bunch of other questions. Now thanks to her, I had a worried Lance and crew. Every five damn seconds they were watching me and checking on me. They had made me lay down on the couch and were offering me cold refreshments, water, ice packs and all anything that they could think of. The reasoning behind this had been that if Ace came back from wherever the hell he was, he would kill them all in a rage. They had been put under strict instructions for no harm to come to me. They all seemed to have the belief that he was infatuated with me to the point of obsession.

I wasn’t too sure about that. I didn’t care about what they all thought. As far as I was concerned Ace was just another guy out there who didn’t want me. I mean he may as well had said that he didn’t want me, when he told me that I wasn’t what he had thought I was. I sighed. Men were so damn complicated. I would never understand them, especially not that arrogant mate of mine. I sat up on the couch and not even five seconds later, Lance’s hand was on my waist, while another guy’s hand was at my back as they gently pushed me back onto the couch. I groaned.

“I’m not an invalid you know,” I snapped.

Lance grinned. “We know but if a hair on you is harmed then you won’t have to worry about your mate killing us, Ace will beat us to the task.”

I shot him a glare and huffed. “How about I tell that instead of harming a hair on my head you smothered me?” I mumbled.

He laughed and shook his head. “We’re just trying to help.”

I sighed and softened my features. “I know you are but you’re obviously forgetting that I am a werewolf and I can take care of myself. I’m not injured. I just had a premonition was all—I mean epiphany,” I said.

Lance’s eyes widened and he stared down at me in fascination. “You have the gift of fore sight?” he asked. “There hasn’t been one born into the McInivrov family for thousands of years. Your mo—mate will be pleased to know this most definitely.”

I frowned at him. “Who said anything about foresight?” I asked.

He smiled. “You did. You said the word premonition, which is visions of either the future or the past, sometimes both.”

I stared at him skeptically, what the hell was it about this McInivrov family that they kept speaking of? Why did I get the feeling that they were connecting me to this family? I closed my eyes, tempted to rub my temples. Between them babying me and continuously making references to that family, I was getting a slight headache and getting confused. I didn’t like being confused. I didn’t like riddles either and this was what this was starting to sound like. They were hiding something from me and I didn’t like it, one bit. The sneaky glances between each other and that all but too implication of me being linked to the name McInivrov.

“What is this McInivrov family that you all keep mentioning?” I asked.

Lance looked around for a moment and then back at me. “You should ask Ace about that,” he said.

“Whatever,” I muttered.

I needed to start planning my next escape. I didn’t Mikhail’s territorial, possessive ass coming and annihilating innocents for helping me. I didn’t have the slightest clue of where I would be going. Now that he had called all the alphas in the damn country, I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere without someone recognizing me. I had no doubt in my mind that my damn cousin was all over helping me turn over to Mikhail. Shaking my head at my situation, I sat up growling when Lance and the others tried to get me to lie back down. I looked at them with narrowed eyes. It had never occurred to me that they might be hiding something and wanted to keep me in here so that I wouldn’t have a clue as to what was going on.