Chapter Six: Just A Tad Bit Too Innocent For Her Own Good

****Mikhail’s Point of View****

I was in America for only reason and that was to see my cousin and try to talk him into coming home with me. So I traveled to Harbor Springs where I expected to meet him, this was the last place that he had been known to be. He had met his mate Rebecca Scott here like three years ago and I expected him to still be her. Instead I found out from a friend of his (the only friend it turned out) that he had moved to California with her because the Meirde pack wouldn’t accept him because they thought he was a rogue.

They couldn’t be more far off, my cousin was a royal like myself. The only difference was he had chosen to leave the warmth and security of our homeland to travel to America and try to make a new life. I never had understood why he had done what he had done but who knew maybe one day he would return home. I loved my cousin to death he was one of the only people in the world who understood me and wasn’t afraid of me. He was like a brother to me. Everyone else was terrified because I was the ultimate royal. I was the head royal, no one had as much power as me and no one dared to challenge me.

I had heard all about the silly legends of another equally strong royal out there who had been taken at birth and hidden from me because they thought I would kill the baby. What a laugh. I would never harm an innocent child they were the future of the future packs to come. I had been on this planet for years now…I was over 1000 years old and I was starting to feel lonely. With each and every new pup that I saw…made me long to have a whole pack of them with my own mate.

It saddened me sometimes because a long time ago I had given up on ever finding her.

“She’s out there,” my brothers always told me.

 “Where?” was always my response to them.

They didn’t understand that when you searched for years for that one perfect soul mate and you never got to find her then you eventually gave up hope on it like I did. They all had mates for the majority. I had seven brothers and all of them except for me the oldest had a mate. It was kind of ironic that me being the oldest I was the only single one out of them all. They thought I was bitter towards women and wouldn’t go near them. It was the opposite for years I had slept with women and made it an art so that when I did find my mate I would be able to please her in bed.

I was lost in my thoughts in wolf form walking through the woods of a close by school. I knew it was that because I had heard and saw a lot of teenagers entering and going from the school. This was a place filled with more were’s then I had seen in a long time these were beautiful people who lived the idealistic were life while my people were a bit more ruff and wild around the edges. I was the alpha over all of them but who was paying attention to that when everyone was scared of me?

I hated being judged by the fact that I was the royal alpha over all the rest of them and that I had power. It didn’t hurt me but it wasn’t a pleasant feeling either, I had never done anything to deserve to be treated this way. The girls that got kidnapped to see if they could reproduce had nothing to do with me and everything to do with my people over from in Europe who were without mates and had no one to keep them company. They traveled over to capture the most beautiful ones and see if they were compatible with any of them. If they weren’t they were sent back like ASAP and with a slight change in memory of the events that happened, thanks to my brother, Gabriel.

 ““Friends are telling me I lost my mind 
When I hooked up with you 
Maybe that's true 

Said that I'll wake up one day 
Asking what did I do 
Maybe that's true too 

When I'm with you everything's alright 
All I know is how I feel 
When you're with me…”