Chapter Four: A Turn of Events

Standing there the first thing I saw was James pants around his ankles, along with his boxers. Gwen was in no better condition, her shirt was pushed up around her shoulders and her skirt was on the floor in a complete disarray. I stood in shock watching them as they had sex in the closet…They were both moaning loudly with each movement that he made into her.

Shock quickly turned into humiliation and then anger. How could he do this to me? I had given him my all, forgetting about the entourage of guys that were always around me. I used to be able to enjoy all of it until I got in a relationship with him and then I didn’t care anymore. And now this was how he repaid me? I clenched my fist unsure of what to do.

My wolf growled and I growled shocking both of them. I felt a tear slide down my cheek as his eyes met mine. Oh hell no, I thought.

“Jade…” he said his voice filled with sorrow.

I glared at them with disgust in my eyes and then I turned on my heel and ran full speed to the doors that led outside. When I reached the woods and I knew no one could see me, I shifted midair, pain filling me slowly. I had loved him, I really had and I would’ve forgotten about my mate for him. He had obviously deceived me into thinking he was someone who cared. How many other girls had he slept with behind my back?

At least if he was going to do that it should have been somewhere more respectable, not the janitor’s closet. Tears filled my eyes even more as I thought of how I had actually considered giving him my virginity. I was thinking of giving it up to him after homecoming which was three weeks away.

I ran until all my tears dried up. I hadn’t been paying attention to where I was going and when I finally became aware of my surroundings, I didn’t recognize anything around me, not even the trees that surrounded me. And I usually knew those well. These trees were foreign to me. They were extremely large and rough looking, while the trees I was used to were pine trees. I couldn’t even name these trees if I wanted to. I stopped and stared around me, noticing the different smells around me. I could instantly sense the presence of an unknown wolf.

I stiffened and turned to head back but heard a growl from behind. It didn’t sound like it was feet, it sounded like it was inches away. When I turned and faced the wolf, I saw it was the same tan wolf as before with the amethyst purple eyes. My wolf automatically went wild and into overdrive. I took one step back and the wolf bared his teeth at me. I instantly stopped and my ears went flat against my head as a sign of submission.

I wasn’t scared of the wolf but I wasn’t up for a fight in an unknown territory either. Who knew how many different wolves could come to his rescue? So I stayed still as he approached me and sniffed me as he went in a circle around me, when his nose nudged my hind legs, I growled. He was too close to me for my comfort. He instantly came in front of me staring into my eyes. Out of nowhere, he licked my nose and my wolf yelped in happiness and wagged her tail.

I groaned inwardly wishing she would behave. There were times like this when I couldn’t control some of the simpler moves of my wolf, other times I had full control. But overall I had more control because she was only part of me, while I was the whole. There were times when I felt her pushing forward trying to take over completely like right now, but I wasn’t having it and I rarely ever did.

He moved close to me and rubbed his body along mine and I stood there allowing him to as I felt something within me, become warm. I felt a tingling down to my stomach and it felt pretty good. I inhaled his scent as brushed against me and it was intoxicating. I whined and moved to step away from him but he once again growled.