Chapter Thirty-Five: Hell Hath No Fury Like a Mikhail..

 (It may be a while before I can upload again, due to circumstances that are personal.)

As I left the room, I could hear the sounds of the people in the room behind me. They were surprised that I had walked out. They were no doubt blaming it on Jade. She had walked out before me, after all. My wolf was on the edge and pushing forward as if on the verge of bursting free. I didn’t understand why he was so riled up and angry. I didn’t know, but I knew that he was normally well controlled. Something was either wrong, or that brat mate of mine was trying to escape me. Picking up the pace, I looked around clueless. Where had she gone with that damn Omega?

Was the Omega falling for my woman?

I mean she had taken him away from the allegedly abusive Alpha, whom I hated with all of my guts. The bastard had gone too far in some of his words and taunts to my Jade. She was mine. I was the only man allowed to argue with her and say such things. Admittedly she was pretty rude to him, but he understood that I didn’t like it. He had helped me out with telling me of her plans of escape, which was the only reason that I hadn’t taken him to task for arguing with her the other day.

I didn’t want to burn a bridge concerning keeping Jade in line. She was fiery and obsessed with her taking down the Alpha. It made me think that this was the only reason she was staying here. The Alpha. He was trying to mate her mother, he was trying to hold onto his pack and his position. She was obsessed with proving his guilt and reuniting her family. I couldn’t blame her for that. I wouldn’t blame her for that. However, I would have a talk with her about hanging around with the damn omega so much. It was like those two were forming a bond or something. It irked me and my wolf.

I didn’t trust him around her. I didn’t want him around her. She was overprotective of him. She gave him hugs and she kissed him on the cheek, which was a definite no. I had pulled her away from that damn omega numerous times. I was beginning to think, he was an opportunist who wanted nothing more than to take my mate away from me. It could be that it was just me on the edge with Jade’s heat on the verge, but I doubted it. Gabriel’s mate, Cylia had always told me that I’d be the cause of losing my mate if I wasn’t careful. She had told me that I was too domineering. I still disagreed.

Turning my attention to her scent, I caught it immediately as well as the Alpha’s and that damn omega’s. There was no lost love between Jade and the Alpha I had nothing to worry about from his quarters, although it was a bit unusual that these three were together and there was absolute silence at the moment. As I came upon the turn to the Alpha’s office it was just in time to see the Omega’s body go flying against a wall hard. A snarl escaped his throat and his eyes glowed the color of his wolf’s eyes as he turned to face the other opponent. For a moment I stood there transfixed by the transformation of this omega.

Gone was the scared, cowed look that he normally had about him. The slack leaned over shoulders that were usually his were now firm and straight. He had moved into the stance of a warrior at war with someone. Who? was the question that ran through my mind. Why? was the next question, when I saw him move forward with a blurr of movement. Wait…Jade was in there with them. That meant that the Omega and the Alpha were most likely fighting over her. Oh, man, I thought bringing the palm of my hand up to my face. What had she done now that had caused them to fight? I wondered as I began moving again.

Jade was a little spit fire. I knew that she had something to do with this whole thing. It didn’t surprise me in the least bit. She was always in the middle of some drama. It was a typical Jade. She was like a magnet for trouble. My eyes met the Alpha’s as I entered the room and fear coursed through his eyes making me wonder what was the problem. Had he done something to my mate? Was the Omega protecting her?

At this possibility my eyes frantically moved around the room. Where was she? When I saw her lying on the floor, not moving in the least bit, I couldn’t began to describe what coursed through me. Fear, shock, anger. Emotions. Intense emotions. I was across the room in seconds, and on the floor cradling her in my arms. I moved her limp body into my grasp and held her close as though she were precious treasure. She was. She couldn’t be dead. I wouldn’t allow her to die. I couldn’t live without her. I may not have said the words, or all the things that had coursed through my mind, but she had grown on me. She had overtaken my mind, my heart, and my soul. She was all I thought about. She was everything to me. I couldn’t lose Jade. It would crush me.

 What had happened here? What had he done to her?

I looked down at her face. Her eyes were closed. She wasn’t breathing. Pale blonde eyelashes rested like curved moon on her cheeks. Her lush pink lips were parted slightly. She looked as though she were sleeping peacefully. Her hair hung over my arms, still warm and silky. The only difference was that her golden skin was pale.  

 “Jade,” I said in a low mournful voice. This couldn’t be happening. Jade couldn’t be dead. I pushed her hair to the side and looked down at her neck for the first time to see her mark. I saw the rather large hand imprints around neck. I felt something within me unleash and anger coursed through me. Rage took me over. The bastard had choked her! I placed a soft kiss to her forehead and held her close for a moment. Then I rose to my feet with her in my arms and I turned to the omega and with motion of my hand put an end to their minor squabble. Now I understood why the Omega had attacked the Alpha. I understood everything fairly clear.

The Omega looked at me with solemn respect and solemn anger in his eyes. I walked over to him and gently deposited Jade in his arms. “Take her to her parents for the time being,” I ordered.

He nodded and he turned and left with one last look of hatred over his shoulder at his Alpha.

The scum of the Earth. That I was going to dispose the world of today.

I turned my angry gaze on him. A calm coldness had settled within me. I wasn’t going to act irrationality with this. I was going to take my time in making him suffer before he died. The best part about was, I wouldn’t even have to lay a hand on him. He thought he could attempt to murder my mate and live? He thought wrong. A cold, cold smile formed on my lips.

He took a deep gulp and stepped away quickly fear in his eyes. I stalked forward. I followed him step for step, like a predator stalking prey. He must have thought he was so powerful when he had done what he had done. He wasn’t. He hadn’t yet seen true power. I moved one hand stopping his movements and keeping him in place as I stepped forward.

“I’m sorry, King Mikhail,” he said, pleading. “It wasn’t supposed to happen.”

I didn’t bother to give him an answer. Instead, I slowly closed my fist and watched as his face changed from pleading to red. His hands clawed at his throat as he attempted to remove my hold on him. I was choking him without touching him.

I released my grip just as suddenly before I moved one hand forward in a blur and sent a psychic punch to his stomach. He bent over in pain, blood leaving his mouth. My punch had been aimed directly for his liver and it had succeeded. I used my fist again to choke him. As he choked on his blood and his eyes bulged, I felt almost like I had over four hundred years ago in that war between vampire and werewolves.

I felt as though all the power in the world was at my hands and I could kill this weak excuse of a leader. I felt as though I could easily rip the skin from him and leave him to die slowly while bugs feasted on his insides, before he completely died. I felt in total and complete control.

Don’t do it, a faint voice said inside of my head.

I was hearing things wasn’t I?

I had seen Jade with my own two eyes, she had been pale and lifeless. Was her ghost haunting me now?