Chapter Twelve: Thanks For The Idea, Jerk...

I stood over Mikhail’s bed with a grin on my face. He hadn’t even realized when I had left the bed. It was a good thing for me because it meant I got to go through with my plan and there would be nothing he could do to stop me. I glanced down at the bucket in my hands. It was an easy plan. I had gone to the kitchen and tricked the cooks into giving me, honey, flour, syrup sugar and a variety of other sticky things. They thought that I was simply making something weird in a clean bucket. It was the cleanest I had ever seen. Of course it had never been used.

They were pretty insistent on making sure my every whim and want was fulfilled. I had thought it was cute but it wouldn’t last long. I didn’t care what I had to do to Mikhail and his pack to get me back home but I was going to try my best to work on it. Looking at the sleepy figure on the bed, I smirked. He thought he was cuddling with me but it was really a stack of pillows that I had out into his arms. Lifting the bucket I pulled his blankets back and without a word tossed the contents of the bucket on him. I looked down at my work and smiled. He was covered in the stickiest things I could find and feathers covered him. Now he looked the peacock that he sometimes behaved as. Peacocks were pretty arrogant creatures about their looks and he fit the script.

His eyes shot open as I began to laugh and I took that as a cue to run. I ran out the door and down the stairs. I had already planned my escape and it worked perfectly. As he left that room, I was climbing into the back of hidden door in a closet. I would wait in here until he gave up and went to take a shower. His roar filled the house and I heard people scrambling to accommodate him.

“JADE!”

I held back my giggles knowing even one laugh would give away my position. Footsteps sounded in the hall and then I heard Jacques laughing along with a few of his other brothers. The laughter continued for a few more seconds before I heard a crash. I winced. I knew he had used his mysterious power and sent them flying into something.

“It’s not funny,” he snapped. “I want that brat found! If she wants to play games then I’ll teach her all about them.”

I scoffed inwardly. He would teach me about games? Over my dead body. I knew more games than he could possibly think of. However I wasn’t playing a game I was starting the process of making his life a living hell. I wanted him to be on the edge of torture. So paranoid and irritated that he wouldn’t know what hit him next. He needed to be so fed up with me that he wouldn’t want me in his life or mansion. I was going to have him on the verge of pulling his hair out by the time I was done with him.

He growled and I heard the footsteps leave as the search began. I stretched my limbs in the small but hidden space I was in. I wasn’t sure what it was. It wasn’t a closet or anything like but it was big enough that my whole body fit in comfortably and it was small enough that no one would suspect it. I rested back against the wall and closed my eyes. As I listened to the sounds in the mansion, I started to slowly drift off to sleep.

“She’s in this room somewhere. I can sense her presence,” Mikhail said sometime later.

“Jade, come out wherever you are,” he said in an angry voice.

I bit back a laugh and took the blanket that was in there with me and covered myself with it.

“Jade, I promise I won’t spank you too hard.”

I covered my mouth to stop myself from snorting or replying. He was going to spank me? Ha! It wasn’t going to happen. I’d kick his ass first. I didn’t do spankings. I probably never would. I couldn’t wait to get the hell out of here. The closet door opened and I heard Mikhail sigh.