Chapter Twenty-Eight: Listen Here, Jerk Face...

Two days later, I stared over at my Dad with amusement as I shook my head. He looked ready to strangle Alpha Brimer. Brimer was sitting next to my Mom at the dining table. It had been set differently since Mikhail had taken over the pack and the investigation had begun. He sat at the head of the table, I sat next to him (due to my insistence that I wasn’t less than him) , my Dad sat at his right side with the Omega seated next to him (at the insistence of Mikhail, shockingly), Alpha Brimer sat on his left side with my Mother seated next to him. From there down seated were other members of the pack.

I had already received more than enough stares of dislike. I didn’t care though. The Brimstone Pack needed some serious changes. It should all began with a new Alpha, a council being formed from various members that came from each different faction of the pack. A faction of pack was the order of the pack according to my Dad. The order of the pack followed in this order of importance to least importance: Alphas, Betas (who were 2nd in command), Enforcers (3rd in command), Guardians (Protect Royals), Omega I (soother of emotions), Lieutenants, Sergeants, Outside Weres (who live in human societies, keep weres secret. They’re usually the people who are in the F.B.I. and such.), pack doctor, regular werewolves, Omega II (pack peacemaker). The order of packs was a deep hierarchy that wasn’t usually visible unless the pack wasn’t close to one another. That was rare. Most pack members were practically like family. The whole point of a pack wasto be family like. It was like the clans in historical Scotland.

Of course, the sequence of the pack depended on who was who and what kind of pack it was. Royal packs were the only packs known to have Guardian werewolves. Guardian werewolves came from all around the world to protect Royal weres. It was an honor for them to be accepted as Guardian to a royal. Considering that the old sequence of hierarchy in werewolf society had been wiped out by most packs, Guardians were only in the Leighton Pack. It was the only Royal Werewolf pack—well other than my runaway family. Each royal had his or her own assigned Guardian.

This brought to mind the horrors of having one when I got back to Leighton, man this was going to suck. I looked over at Mikhail. His thigh was pressed against mine because I had insisted on being seated next to him at the head of the table. We had our own space but every time we moved than we accidentally brushed up against each other, each brush of his thigh against mine, sent shivers of pleasure down my spine. I turned and stared at up at him. He turned and his eyes met mine. I found myself staring into his love amethyst eyes without pause. He leaned forward and brushed his lips over mine. I kissed him back briefly before pulling away as I heard my Dad clear his throat loudly.

“Jade, don’t do that in front of me,” he said sounding exasperated.

I laughed. “Don’t even start,” I replied with a snort. “You and Mom are forever kissing each other without regards to Ryan or me being around.”

He groaned. “Do you think I like seeing my daughter kissing a be-“—I shot him a glare, that him quickly rethinking what he had been about to say.—“a man in front of me?”

I arched an eyebrow. “Do you think, I like seeing you and Mom kiss?” I retorted.

He chuckled. “Just stop it, you’re scarring my eyes,” he retorted.

I laughed and looked back down at the plate in front of me. I wasn’t sure what was on it. I wasn’t sure I wanted to try it either. All I knew was that it was green mixed with some weird brownish-reddish color…I think the pack members are intentionally trying to poison us. I shook my head pushed the plate away. I’d go to the kitchen and find something on my own. I looked around and noted that they were watching.