Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Law States...

(Sorry for the wait, currently at this instant without internet. So, I’m just kind of free writing as I feel like it. Anyway, who’d like this book’s conclusion to have extras at the end? Things such as a hierarchy chart, preview of Book of Laws, etc?)

My Mother appeared to be feeling a little bit too happy here and I wasn’t having that. I wanted her to be more consistent to the commitment she had made to my Father long ago. They had been together for many, many years. They had had Ryan and he was older than I was. He was twenty. They had raised me. There was a long history between them. I was hoping that I was misreading her emotions. Maybe she was happy to see us but I had seen her downstairs. She had been happily surrounded by those damn pack members.

I sighed and looked over at her out the corner of my eyes. It had taken a while to get her to stop asking me questions about my well-being and my new life. I hadn’t been interested in answering them. I just wanted to get her upstairs so she could see what her so-called mate of hers had done to that poor Omega. What had been done to him had obviously been done to make him feel less as a person. It had probably had a large effect on him. Depending on how long this had been gone on, it probably had damaged him physically and emotionally. It saddened me.

I couldn’t imagine being treated in that manner or treating anyone in that manner. I was determined to help him overcome this. I wanted to see him be someone that these assholes would envy. I wanted to see him become a healthier person and feel as if he belonged rather than an outcast. Of course, I was assuming that this was the way he must have felt. I could be wrong, but I could’ve sworn the expression in his eyes earlier had been defeat. I didn’t like seeing that expression. I was a fighter and I wanted to fight for him and his rights.

Coming out of my thoughts, I looked back over at my Mom as we reached the top stair and approached the hall where the Omega and everyone else was. I took a breath, led her to the other end of the hall, and pushed into the room pass Mikhail. I had already decided that I was going to ignore him until we got to Leighton. Other important matters needed to be taken care of right. I admitted after contemplation of the argument with my Mother that I had behaved like a brat towards him and rather childishly. It had been difficult for me to admit that to myself because I didn’t like to apply the word childish or brat to me. However, I had been. He had been angry and had a right to be, my Mother had pointed out. Mates worried about their mates. She had told me that I had agreed to meet up with him and intentionally gone behind his back and come here. She had understood the reasoning but she had told me that I had disrespected him by deceiving him.

Now looking at I could understand why he had been angry. I had been in the wrong. Of course, I admitted that to myself but what he said had been rude too. This was why I wouldn’t be admitting to him that I had been wrong until I felt like it.

I let out a small sigh as I took in the people in the room. The Beta and Alpha still disgusted me, but I wondered what Mikhail had been up here saying to them. Had they reached any conclusions? I looked over the Omega and noted that he was as far away from everyone as he could be. He looked wary of everyone and the way he stood spoke of the fact that he was waiting for something to happen. I walked over to him, ignoring everyone but him.

“I’m Jade,” I told him softly.

He was quiet for a moment as he stared at me and then he said, “Tyron.”

His head was lowered and he wouldn’t meet my eyes. I turned to look at the Alpha with a glare. I turned back to the Omega and was quiet. It wouldn’t be easy to get him to trust me or anyone else for that matter because of what had been done to him. It would take time. Maybe years. I felt compassionately toward him. I had always been one who took a stand for those who couldn’t do it themselves.